• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you stop PK Thunder?

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
I have never stopped a Ness or Lucas from recovering in this game. If you chase them it seems nearly impossible to touch them without getting hit because their body does damage.

Not only that but the Pk Thunder can hit people several times and not disappear. In 4 man Smash it is extra annoying because they just hit themselves with Pk Thunder all match and it's very had to stop even when you can read it 10 seconds before hand.

So if you have any tips on what stops it please let me know.

Last edited:

Thunderjay

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-1435-8055
Switch FC
2598-3715-0010
I have never stopped a Ness or Lucas from recovering in this game. If you chase them it seems nearly impossible to touch them without getting hit because their body does damage.
If you want to damage them offstage, you should be using disjoints or projectiles before they PKT2, not touching them directly. You basically have that as an option along with:
- countering PKT2 when it happens with a counter move--works well against Lucas, and against Ness after the intangibility frames pass;
- absorbing the bolt with a projectile-absorbing move before they can hit themselves;
- pushing them before they can PKT2 using water or wind or similar moves;
- simply jumping into the bolt or PKT2 to gimp them.
Ness in particular is vulnerable to the last one, as his bolt dissipates on contact with an enemy and his PKT2 distance decreases when he hits any projectile or body in his way. Bodying PKT2 should only be used when Ness is doing it far from the stage and when you have low health, because you'll likely die otherwise. Lucas's doesn't dissapate, nor decrease in distance, so the former options should work instead.

Also, don't loom in the air over them as they recover, or they will catch on and counter you with PSI Magnet and aerials.

Last edited:

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
>how do i edgeguard one of the most abusablenrecoveries in the game

RandomAdam

Smash Cadet
Stopping a PK Thunder needs great timing, and is really hard to do. When going against a Ness, just get in the way of the bolt to cancel it. If you're going against a Lucas, tho, you need to counter it away. Aside from that its really impossible

Top Bottom