• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you smashers feel ike will play?

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
from the info that we have, i feel he will be best played using his arials, since from the vids i saw, his arials were quick and powerful. shffl'd properly, (if l-cancelling is back) it could probably work for him.

i also think being a passive, defensive fighter with ike would work to, based on countering and getting in good hits. how does everyone else feel his character will work?

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I'ma say this...

Marth was my third go to guy if I got bored of Link, his younger, or Falco.

I liked that his blade gave him range and his weight gave him speed and that he was just floaty enough to have great aerial game. Considering the range of his blade and the fact it hits hard at the tip made him real good in the air.

Now that it seems like I won't have Marth, I'm hoping Ike plays on a similar level. Though it seems he's gonna be a heavy character. Heavy characters aren't to versitle in the sky, with the exception of Doc. Mario.

I think Ike's gonna play more like Roy in that you should keep your feet planted and whack people straight up in the face. But I do hope he has more speed then Roy.

Course Nintendo could have all three. That would be great!

But yeah, I don't think Ike had that great of an air game. :/ Maybe we seeing different things...

VZERO

Smash Cadet
I think Ike is gonna be slower than marth but stronger than him. and it looks like his smash attacks deal an awsome blow 0.0

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ill be maining ike there will be times when u have to turn it up and be aggrsive but ike u have to lure oppenent in range (which isnt that close) play even smarter then u would have to with marth look for oppertuniteis to atk and edgeguard very well u could just rack up damage with ike and take them by surprise anyway u can to get free hits and be unpredidtable and give them no chance to recover ie MK PIT maybe sonic and fox but other characters maybe a throw a couple tilts and there off and there easily off the edge then just play the edgeguard game but if all possible f smash there a** into oblivion

qoute from vegeta

"WELCOME TO OBLIVION"

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
whats up torch did u see my tnread on ike buffs?

and thx u for agreeing

Kips

Smash Ace
I'd sy that high level Ike play will require excellent timing and defensive play with Counter to gain the required space to hit with perfectly spaced attacks and minimalize all lag time possible. Thus he'll be one of those characters that require a lot of tactical planning and perfect reflexes.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Provided what we've learned recently is true (and it looks like it is), Ike's probably gonna play similar to Roy. Only difference is he's got a much longer reach with his sword, and will be able to punish speedy characters who try and chip away thanks to super armor frames.

It's gonna be interesting to see an Ike that can actually nail people with those big effing hits of his. Like that Up Smash, that thing is lethal.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ike's play will be crazy power, obviously.

I think it will be better to use non-smash attacks during a while, and when the enemy is vulnerable, hit with an smash attack.

Top Bottom