• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you recover with Roy after being thrown fairly far from the stage?

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
Topic.

Roy's recovery is so damn pathetic the only reason I die is because of cheap stage throws that I can't recover because I'm 1 ft away from grabbing the ledge but his up-B never brings me high enough. How do you recover with Roy?

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
The best you can do is use the tricks of Marth's recovery. Use side B to slow your momentum until you get to the stage. That won't always work though. Roy's recovery is pretty lackluster.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Topic.

Roy's recovery is so damn pathetic the only reason I die is because of cheap stage throws that I can't recover because I'm 1 ft away from grabbing the ledge but his up-B never brings me high enough. How do you recover with Roy?
Use the first hit on DED to gain a little boast and you could try to angle Blazer towards the stage or ledge instead of going up, although by this point whoever your playing is probably waiting for you and will most likely hit you off again...

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
simple solution: dont get hit. play him like you would play falco. dont do things that are going to set yourself up to be in position to get hit offstage. this is obviously a give for all characters, but you must be especially cautious in this regard with roy. hes got one hell of a combo game, and often times all you need is a hit confirm to know you can get your opponent offstage. so in regards to defense, you need to be very speculative of your opponents punish game, and how you think theyre going to try to get you offstage. additionally, dont be to risky in going offstage if you arent going to guarantee yourself a stock. roys got some great tools for onstage edguarding: dtilt pokes for setting up dairs; ftilt pokes; fsmash and neutral b; counter sometimes as well.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Roy got a good bunch of improvements in PM but his recovery is just terrible it makes Ganon's recovery look good in comparison. Since he is a fast faller i think he should get a longer range Up B. its just really annoying to play has him like this.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Get ready to mash that L/R button to ledge tech. It's really rewarding if you do, provided you don't go into shock and say "OMG I LEDGE TECHED" and then died.

Ethereal_Sin

Smash Rookie
Without somewhat decent DI or good tech skill you're pretty much screwed. Side-B can only cover so much distance.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
lots of survival DI. point blank. the other factor is the stage you pick. stages with close blast lines are generally preferable due to his high kill potential and crappy recovery

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble with Roy's offstage game. I know his onstage edgeguarding is pretty good, but off stage, uair, and fair tend to kill me often. Rising dair works well, and nair. Any tips?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
*Read's Thread Title*

That's easy, you die!

Top Bottom