• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you punsh THESE kinds of Yoshi users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
I played this BLACK ALTERNATE COLORED YOSHI LIKE ALWAYS, in every single match ALL of the Yoshi users I fight use the black colored pallete swap, really not creative.

So, I started this match and kept trying to get him, when I go close to the edge to hit him, he tung's me and I become the egg and go offstage, even a Kirby trying to break out with all of his recoveries and jumps wont make 40% of it, and if I don't go close to the ledge, he runs up to me and keeps rolling while down smashing, when I try and running up and grabbing him, he just rolls back and down smashes, when I use a projectile character, again, he uses his egg shield that IS WAY LONGER THAN A NORMAL SHEILD, I used these characters at him:

Sonic,Toon Link,Shulk,Link,Meta Knight(first match against him, I was trying to do good with MK),Mario,Lucario,Villager, also, not to mention he taunts when I get off stage to the egg, ALSO not to mention his name is "SSB4GOD", I have a 68.71% in for glory online, 1680 battles, 1104 wins and 576 loses(Little mac and Ganondorf players back when 1.0.4 wasn't released)

my god, these teabaggers, if only you Yoshi mains would fight yourselfs, Yoshi is much MUCH annoying than Diddy Kong, I am VERY VERY :salt:y

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Are you button mashing to break free of the egg? It shouldn't kill like that until high %'s as a general rule. (Unless you're a fast faller)
Next time you play him and he's at the ledge just approach him but out of his neutral B range or jump over it ahead of time and punish.

Also if he's spamming/relying on rolls>Dsmash just jump over that too, he can't hit you in the air with that.

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
If you're ever caught in the egg lay (which would be hard to do as Kirby), then you should be mashing to get out ASAP. If you stay in egg too long you're prone to more damage and likely death.

Shield roll spamming is lame for sure but if he's Dsmash spamming then simply jump over and punish. Be thankful he wasn't punishing you with Oos Nair instead.

If this player frustrated you this much, then it would be a good idea to record the replay and see what you could've done differently.

Ps I don't see how picking a favorite color Yoshi to play as is "not really creative."

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
if only you Yoshi mains would fight yourselfs, Yoshi is much MUCH annoying than Diddy Kong, I am VERY VERY :salt:y
Actually, I think Yoshi dittos are fun as hell in this game.

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
From the description, no offense, but it sounds like a scrub losing to a scrub. Pick up a main and focus on getting better with that, for starters. Then worry about specific match-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom