• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do YOU punish banana trippers?

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
I main Diddy in PM and something I often get accused of is using the same combo whenever someone trips on a banana on the same plane as you, just out of your attack range.

That combo always begins with a forward dash attack, which I'm not sure is the best option.

I've seen videos of Diddy players able to run towards the enemy and use a down smash, but I'm not sure if that's a better option or not. I'm not sure what the technique is to down smash after a run, but I'm sure that a combo with the dash attack is much better.

POLOGUN

Smash Cadet
I recommend you to so some jab resets after your glide toss. You normally want to rack up some damage and up B is your best option to start juggling specially against fastfallers. You also can try to read the roll they will do and down grab to keep chasing him . Using dash attack is a good idea if he tripped close to the ledge so you can try to spike him easily with DAir

VillagerDorf

Smash Rookie
After they trip I dash attack and follow up with an up smash then a Nair. Works on low percents. On high percents i use the time they are in the air to place new set of bananas on good spots for when they touch down again.

I'm interested in what other people do as well.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
It sounds like you are playing against players who don't tech banana trips. That's actually their mistake. If they tech rolled the banana trip in to you you would miss them with your dash attack.

I'd honestly suggest teaching your opponents to tech the banana trips, because playing a bunch of opponents who don't actually teaches you REALLY bad habits for when you play against ones who do.

For opponents that don't tech, I like crouch cancelled dsmash or pivot fsmashes or grabs.

For opponents that do, keep running and dash attack or grab if they roll away, wavedash back and upsmash if they tech roll toward you, SH nair or grab if they tech in place.

Top Bottom