• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you pronounce his name, anyhow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
[[NOTE: Please Lock After Answering]]

How does one say "Masahiro Sakurai" correctly?

...May-sa-hero__Suh-koo-ree, I'm guessing...?

If he's turning into a household name I at least got to say it right.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
it's more like Mah-Sah-Hi-Ro Sa-Koo-Ra-I

the hiro is not pronounced Hero like in english, it's pronounced Hi and Ro, like the Ro in Rob a bank

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Mah-sah-hero Sah-koo-rye
it's more like Mah-Sah-Hi-Ro Sa-Koo-Ra-I

the hiro is not pronounced Hero like in english, it's pronounced Hi and Ro, like the Ro in Rob a bank
SushiemanX has it right actually, unless you want to pronounce his name with a Japanese accent, in which case either pronunciation would be wrong anyways.

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
Alright, seeing as we're talking about pronounciations how do you pronounce Dedede?

Keku

Smash Apprentice
Mah-sah-hero Sah-koo-rye
Thread over guys. I can confirm this since the letter pronunciation is very similiar in both Finnish and Japanese. You English-speaking-peeps have it way harder - we always pronounce each letter the same way, no matter how it's positioned in a word or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom