• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you practise movement?

Maximusdödus

Smash Rookie
How do you guys practise movement, perhaps not just with pikachu but more in general?

Asking becouse i'v found that jumping around wavedashing and shuffling on various stages is quite tedious. Looking for some sort of motivation here really... Being one of the more major things you can practise alone it would be awsome if you could share your methods, if there are any, or your way of getting in the mood to practice tech-skill :3

JemTheScrub101

Smash Cadet
I just do the tedious process of going through all the (legal) stages and jumping around with SHFFL Nairs and mixing in some D-Tilts in between. I'd also suggest spacing against low level CPU's and practising sweetspotting with the Up-B. I like to listen to any kind of fast music while doing this but whatever floats your boat :)
(It may seem super boring but it's the best method imo)
I also do a very similar process with my secondary fox

Last edited:

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I just dash dance, waveland, and wavedash around the legal stages. I focus a lot on moving smoothly between those, dtilts, and shffls. I just try to get every transition as smooth and consistent as I can. When I get bored of doing that I'll switch to something else like quick attack angles, ledge dashes, or shield drops. And now if I get bored with that, I use the 20XX hack pack to do something else like practice the fastfaller chaingrab, tech chases, or SDIing Fox's upair.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much what Jem said, you just have to grind it out. Throw some music on (I usually listen to channel 3 on XM if anyone was wondering) and just go all out for a few hours or whatever. A good way to improve (this applies to pretty much everything in life) is to go in shorter spurts rather than playing all day. A good measure of improvement is how quickly you can get to your best when you start each new session. When I first started practicing, it would take me about an hour to get to my "peak performance," but now it only takes a few minutes to get me firing on all cylinders. Spice things up by playing different characters or even trying to do some swag in the single-player stuff like All-Star and Adventure. Have fun!

Maximusdödus

Smash Rookie
Alrighty, cheers for the replys. Guess there is no "trick" to fundamentals so to speak. Also dont have acces to 20XX, broke student lyfe ya kno.

Appreachiate the help anyways!

JemTheScrub101

Smash Cadet
I don't have access to the 20XX pack either, because I'm from Australia meaning I have a PAL wii :/
At least my method is possible on both PAL and NTSC

Top Bottom