• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you Play Jiggs against Sword Characters

Arctic

Smash Cadet
My hand is badly broken and I'm refusing to put down the controller, but my condition has made it possible to only use jigglypuff. I can play many characters with Jigglypuff efficiently, but please tell me, how do I play a superior sword character like Ike or Link? I can't dodge the saber and it's crucial that I figure it out for this next 8 months of cast.

So, how do you get around the Saber and go deep with Jiggs?

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
Better spacing, zoning, bait more, duck grabs roll through slower moves.

Puff has never had a solid approach just a really good zoning game and float in dumb spots kind of like peach.

Puff is as legit as she is a gimick

Hypoxify

Smash Rookie

It's in melee, but the approach still applies. Puff has a crazy punish game, and be sure you bait out laggy attacks and stay in the air.

Royaxe

Smash Rookie
Honestly, this might not be the best thing but when I fight characters that out range me I pound lots more. You can link pounds to air attacks pretty easy. Another things you could use are Bairs they don't have amazing range but they can be hit with some good timing quite often.

xed122

Smash Cadet
the same i do when i play with puff vs any other character, play offensive and rest

MrKidneyShiv

Smash Rookie
Bair has amazing range and against sword characters it's kind of your best friend. Watch that video of hbox vs the moon. Good stuff.

Top Bottom