• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you play in online.

Le Chevailer Mal Fete

Smash Rookie
I suppose that this could apply to offline play as well, but I think it applies the most here, given my reason for asking this question, which I will get into later.

Do you change your play style when you play online, or in a wider aspect, in a different setting (Online with a stranger, online with a friend, offline, or in a tournament) For example, if you usually play aggressively, when you are playing against a person who you don't know over WiFi, do you play it slower and more cautiously, or do you stick to your guns? Or (and this is why I brought this up) if you projectile spam in a regular match against your friends, when you go onto "With anyone" are you just blowing off steam, and play in a more casual manner?

Really I'm curious since I read that the projectile spamming method is ungodly reliable, and therefore "The Best" way to play Brawl, As people figure this out, everyone is going to sit back and play like that, and my Sonic Ike and Marth are going to fall into disuse.

Unexplanetory

Smash Cadet
Well, Online is the laggiest experience ive had in any game and I have a 8mbs down, 1 mbs up connection. So when I play with friends I use Ice Climbers and chain throw. But since Nintendo put more time into that awful story mode then their online play, I use pit and arrow spam. Cant chain throw in lag :/

Ako

Smash Rookie
Obviously projectile spam has many advantages, but shouldn't be a player's main method of combat. It gets boring, and tiresome, also there are many ways to get around the spam with good characters like Marth, space animals, MK etc. Unfortunately, having to make a new strategy just to deal with one more pesky Pit player shouldn't, but unfortunately isnt the case. Of course people are going to gravitate towards what works best, however cheap and somewhat unfair it seems.

Well, to actually answer your question, I'm a wolf player, my brother is a Pit player.... he is one of these arrow spammers, until I get closer enough to hit where he either slams the c-stick or rolls away until he gets far enough to repeat. Because of this, I have learned to become horrifyingly aggressive with my attacks with just enough defense to stay on the stage, and this holds true throughout my online play (especially 1v1s). The only thing I can really say is: the only way to prepare for the inevitable is to experience it. Fight 1-2 lvl 9 Pit CPUs (same team) on FD (or any other open stage) and learn to counter their arrow spamming,once you can do that, then you'll be just fine.

g4mer4lif3

Smash Rookie
I agree with Ako so much my friend is a wolf player and all he does is laser spamming then when i get close enough to hit him he starts spamming wolfs godly fsmash and his downsmash as well. Now that i think about a lot of wolf users play like that and its annoying and frustrating because u know they think they are the **** but in reality they suck.

cowsmoo71

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to play in wifi so i dont know how laggy it is. but based on my connecton, yeah. BTW- i dont projectile spam, Luigi fireballs- i dont see it. Hey! I dont need wifi! i can just learn to counter things like roll spamming and projectile spamming, and [insert noob tech here] from my friends...No offence, some of em are pretty good, but others I have a list of stupid things they say.

Top Bottom