• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do You Play Duck Hunt?

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I'm wondering the same. Been trying to learn them for a while now and I have NO IDEA how exactly I'm supposed to play. They feel so different from most other characters.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
L+R+A+START pick a different character, this characters trash
This was going to be my suggestion. Their standard attacks are too narrow and their comeback is awful to justify their nifty projectile/trap aggression. Bowser Jr. is bad but potentially has good matchups/stages, and likewise with Little Mac. But I can't really think of when you'd want to use Duck Hunt.

Chasedown->followups with the clay pigeons, or forcing them into smash or f-tilt traps with the shockingly powerful can are the two basic strategies I feel like, but there are so many weird idiosyncrasies with the timing of the B and Side-B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom