• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you moonwalk with Fox?

Kiba

Smash Rookie
I would like to learn how to moonwalk with fox because i heard and noticed it has some useful applications in his game, so my question is is there a specific way you need to do it with spacies as well as how do you moonwalk in general, figured i may as well start learning with capt falcon and work my way to the spacies. if at all possible could someone post a controller display of the inputs as well? i dont quite get them

unrendered

Smash Rookie
I think you have to run a little bit first then turnaround and do a moonwalk as Fox. Do not confuse running with dashing however.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
For Captain Falcon you can just moonwalk the standard way. For spacies the best method is to start out walking and then dash the opposite direction to start your moonwalk. Lots of characters can also get more distance with their moonwalks if you start by wavedashing the direction that you will be traveling (not facing) when moonwalking.

How to moonwalk in general: Dash in a direction and then move the stick to the opposite side you dashed without passing it through the neutral position. Moonwalking is easiest with Link so if you're trying to work your way up start with him.

Also, moonwalking is pretty flashy but spacies don't find much real use in it. Even for Captain Falcon the techniques utility is limited.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
You have to do a bit of a walk and then do the moon walk motion so (:GCR:,:GCDR:,:GCD:.:GCDL:,:GCL:) and this has to be done very fast. Make sure you don't go through the middle or else you will dash dance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom