• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you make "dizzying movements" with marth?

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVzSzuuv88
2:14

The reason why I love marth is because his movements are too cool, once you can do them. I'm aware that you have to first practice some techniques like wave dashing, fox trotting and dash dancing and I've pretty much gotten them down (about 80-100% of the time)

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
Something that I think is overlooked is that there needs to be a tooth behind the movement. You need to show your opponent that you'll throw out a raw fsmash and land it to get them to respect your fsmash range. I feel the same way about grabs, and getting strong punishes off of grab. It doesn't matter to your opponent if they only take 4 percent and then get reset with about even positioning.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah, movement is marth's best tool, and you don't need to be overly flashy with it. What you want is movement that serves a purpose, and each dash and wavedash should have something behind it, as mentioned above. Whether it be to bait an opponent or test the waters, marth's movement is so fluid that he can slide in and out of threatening ranges with his own, and that is kind of the basis of his ground game, which is, in my opinion, the strongest one that doesn't need a move like Falco does with lasers.

Don De La Gato

Smash Rookie
I really like Marth. His movement is so fluid and his wavedash is so easy to use, he was the first character I learned to do basic tech with.

Top Bottom