• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you like the Idea of custom For Glory?

Shoud there be Custom For Glory

• Yus

Votes: 50 90.9%
  • Nu

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Of course no stats. Due to peope making all stats plus 600.

I woud just like to practice my custom Palutena, I am getting really into it. But practicing against CPU's are not very good. And none of my friends on my WiiU actually give me a challenge.

So I think Custom For Glory would be a neat Idea.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wouldn't work too well. Kirby's super armor on his hammer custom could create unfair advantages. That's why I'm for allowing a certain range of custom sets on the fighters.

JS2D

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't work too well. Kirby's super armor on his hammer custom could create unfair advantages. That's why I'm for allowing a certain range of custom sets on the fighters.
I doubt that would create too many problems. It's armored, not invincible, so Kirby can still be grabbed out of it. It'd only cause problems to people that don't know how to deal with it (as with all customs moves).
And yes, that does sound like a cool idea.

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
I really don't understand why there isn't a "With Anyone" mode that allows customs. The single player modes make a big deal about collecting custom moves and equipment but then the game doesn't give you an online mode where you can practice with them against random people.

I don't think allowing equipment is a good idea since they're random and they can be hacked to give insane stat boosts, but there should be a mode that allows custom moves.

Seige

Smash Cadet
Custom moves are in the game and they aren't exactly random(hi items) and as it would bring some variety to the game so I would say it's ok to allow it. This applies to moves not equipment. Equipment is just ... No plz.

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I would allow Custom Characters in For Fun. Because screw it.

In For Glory, however, Custom Moves should be allowed in their own mode, but including altered stats would be a logistical nightmare.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Custom moves? Yes- but don't split the modes. It should be one for glory 1v1 mode, and that should allow custom moves.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only problem I see with this is whether or not they would allow us to see what customs the opponent's using. We already can't see the character they're picking.

But if they did, I'd be fine with it.

Link24242

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-3214-6215
The only problem I see with this is whether or not they would allow us to see what customs the opponent's using. We already can't see the character they're picking.

But if they did, I'd be fine with it.
Yeah, they could add a screen that comes up during the loading period between the warm up mode and the actual fight. It would have just a quick list that shows both player's characters and which moves they're using.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
The idea definitely sounds pretty cool. My only issue is that, as a Palutena player, I won't be able to abuse practice the Infinite Lightweight tech since it doesn't work on FD.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
The idea definitely sounds pretty cool. My only issue is that, as a Palutena player, I won't be able to abuse practice the Infinite Lightweight tech since it doesn't work on FD.
Yeah I experienced that today Dx when I picked Palutena they automatically just went to FD

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
I'd love a Custom move 1v1 mode online. Only thing is if that was implemented, we know they would also allow the abominations known as equipment.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Yeah I experienced that today Dx when I picked Palutena they automatically just went to FD
That's one of the reasons why I'm trying not to over rely on that tech. I don't want to be completely shut out from winning just because one tech isn't usable. The other reason is just in case it gets patched out in the future.

Even without Infinite Lightweight, FD is Palutena's worst stage. It's amazing how much platforms help her out. There are only a few matchups that I would even consider FD to be a decent state for Palutena, and at least one of those matchups (Villager) is only that way if I'm using reflect instead of Super Speed.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Wait why would Palutenas go to FD automatically?
The Palutena wouldn't, the opponent would, because she is better with platforms.
With Lightweight You can refresh it before it ends by flicking down and B on a platform. When I say flick, it has to be fast.
Its just a good trick to use, but Like Nexin said. We shouldn't get used to it.

Seige

Smash Cadet
The Palutena wouldn't, the opponent would, because she is better with platforms.
With Lightweight You can refresh it before it ends by flicking down and B on a platform. When I say flick, it has to be fast.
Its just a good trick to use, but Like Nexin said. We shouldn't get used to it.
Ah yeah I learned how it worked and I assumed he played against a Palutena who went to FD. So I got confused. Honestly, Palutena should have two mains, Palutena. And one for FD, lel.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ah yeah I learned how it worked and I assumed he played against a Palutena who went to FD. So I got confused. Honestly, Palutena should have two mains, Palutena. And one for FD, lel.
I can win with Palutena on FD. I know her well enough. It's just that, if I had the choice, I'd rather ban or strike that stage instead of play on it since its just going to make things harder for me.

Anyways, this thread has been very Palutena-centric, which is awesome, but we should probably discuss other characters as well.

Seige

Smash Cadet
I can win with Palutena on FD. I know her well enough. It's just that, if I had the choice, I'd rather ban or strike that stage instead of play on it since its just going to make things harder for me.

Anyways, this thread has been very Palutena-centric, which is awesome, but we should probably discuss other characters as well.
That's because not many customs actually make or break the games. Maybe Kirby or DK? They've been brought up, I only know a good custom in Mii Fighter but that's it.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
That's because not many customs actually make or break the games. Maybe Kirby or DK? They've been brought up, I only know a good custom in Mii Fighter but that's it.
Yeah, but there are characters who receive massive buffs with customs on even if they aren't to the extent of Palutena. For example, most people agree that Dr. Mario is actually pretty good with customs on.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I wonder how many people would camp even harder with Villager using the slip sapling and explosive balloons.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Hey now, I want my super armor Jet Hammer, so it could be useful sometimes.

Seige

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but there are characters who receive massive buffs with customs on even if they aren't to the extent of Palutena. For example, most people agree that Dr. Mario is actually pretty good with customs on.
How good is he? Better than Mario? *wears his Dr. Mario main patch again* #ssbmmaincomeback

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
How good is he? Better than Mario? *wears his Dr. Mario main patch again* #ssbmmaincomeback
I don't know if he is better than Mario, but at the very least he is supposed to be pretty good with customs, especially with the Soaring Tornado. I don't play the Doc often, so I can only tell you what I've heard from others though.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
This would make me so happy~

I've stopped enjoying the default meta over the past month so I rarely play on For Glory anymore. Practicing with customs, getting used to the trickier ones, and experimenting would be soooo much easier if Custom For Glory was a thing! It'd probably make the custom meta look more "legitimate", too.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Definitely. I don't play locally/offline and being unable to use custom moves online is such a stupid design decision.

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Sakurai couldn't care less about competitive play so if customs were allowed he wouldn't put any restraints on them

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
customs on for glory would definitely mix things up a lot and could potentially keep matches feeling fresh due to the variety of movesets each player's characters can have

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Yus plz. Customs are apart of the game so it should at least be included as a separate mode from default FG. Mii fighters also fit into the category, Nintendo pushed out sharing miis with the world, so it'd be nice to use them online against randoms (without equipment of course). It gets pretty tiring using default specials when there are custom moves that would better fit a characters playstyle.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Definitely. I don't play locally/offline and being unable to use custom moves online is such a stupid design decision.
Yeah it was a very stupid decision.

Also how did you get your steam integrated to your Signature?

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
But how would they make sure you didnt include equipment inside your custom fighter? Instead of making the fighter offline, would you choose the moves that you would use on the for glory screen?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Why they decided to not allow customs online I will never know. How hard was it to make two separate For Fun and For Glory modes? Allowing the use of customs would've been one of their better decisions, which would've made for more of a crazy fun factor.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Yes they need to add customs or else, I basically can't even practice them ever.
This would also make people want to look more into certain characters and learn how to counter their customs, so this would be very good in many different ways.
Some characters like Kirby would really be awesome with customs.
One problem I could see is that overtime, there may be a bunch of people playing the same characters only because they have great customs, some characters customs actually(from what I can see and remember) don't really help much.
But even then the pros clearly outweigh the cons so I would LOVE for this to happen.

Top Bottom