• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you land the Dair?

Roihu

Smash Ace
I know some people can do it, but I can't.
How do you land it? It's so small and I can barely ever hit my opponent. Not to mention if I try to it's out prioritized most of the time.
Is it really a worthwhile move?

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
i use it that way too

but atm im trying to use it for a meteor aswell...but is quite hard to land

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
try to lag cancel it like ganon does with his dair has it lead to falcon best way to setup is kill move

Roager

Smash Ace
As a meteor, I'll usually run off the edge, without jumping. Once I'm directly above the opponent, and they're coming up, I air jump, and start the move right after the jump. This makes all the startup lag happen on the way up, allowing for the stomp to hit at the apex of the jump. This usually either spikes, or hits with the body hitbox, so they get kknocked outward. From there, I can land, and then go after them for U-air, or Knee, or whatever.

Roihu

Smash Ace
As a meteor, I'll usually run off the edge, without jumping. Once I'm directly above the opponent, and they're coming up, I air jump, and start the move right after the jump. This makes all the startup lag happen on the way up, allowing for the stomp to hit at the apex of the jump. This usually either spikes, or hits with the body hitbox, so they get kknocked outward. From there, I can land, and then go after them for U-air, or Knee, or whatever.
It'd be nice if I could get like a demonstration...
But I just might try to copy what you said and see if it works.

Top Bottom