• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you kill with Marth?

Fazesupernappa

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HONC#140
I've recently started trying to get into competitive melee, and I can beat all my friends. So yeah, I'm pretty bad. I can't even four stock lvl 9 cpus. My main problem I can see so far is that I usually juggle/combo my opponents pretty well, but I can't take stocks very well. I just end up up airing and up tilting people to like 160%, but then I can't figure out how to carry them to the edge to ken combo or combo into a tipper forward smash. So, if you have any tips, please hit me up, thanks in advance :D

Fox McCLOUT

Smash Rookie
being somewhat of a marth main myself, I can see where you're coming from. What I've been doing is ftilt or dtilt to dash attack at low % and once they're in the air, I usually go with double fair or bair to fair. If I'm playing against some one who isn't as good, I use his shield breaker as an edgeguard (which I know isn't the best choice but whatever lmao)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Should not rely on comboing into Marth's down-air. Just know when it will combo based on the hitstun and do it then.

Honestly, getting kills isn't that big of an issue for Marth. If you keep swatting them, eventually they won't come back to the stage. Also, you can sometimes tech chase with up-b or do it out of shield.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
If I opponent is a 120%, I usually just fsmash whenever I can get it to hit XD. I actually have a super easy time ledge gaurding with marth.

Sooo many ledge gaurding tools!
Shield breaker (very fun), dtilt (very professional), fair (mindless), short hop dair if they are near the ledge (hilarious and salt inducing), third hit spike of dancing blade (Professional looking AND hilarious) and of course, counter (which I rarely use).

Sylenzo

Smash Rookie
I find Down smash good for killing, idk why but I find it good
Edit: Also if you space at the ledge properly you can catch some getup options so..

Last edited:

aqualad33

Smash Rookie
At high percentage the safe stuff earns you edge guard opportunities or puts your opponent above you. So 1. Focus on edge guarding and 2. Learn to punish better when they are above you at high percent.

Dusty MD

Smash Rookie
Marth has a variety of kill options, but a majority are MU dependent.

Against floaties you have throw followups and most importantly side b uptilt. to see side b uptilt utilized amazingly watch Zain vs Hbox at shine.

Against spacies at high percents i rely on fthrow techchasing to get my kills. fthrow techchase downsmash or up b are good kill options.

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Marth has a variety of kill options, but a majority are MU dependent.

Against floaties you have throw followups and most importantly side b uptilt. to see side b uptilt utilized amazingly watch Zain vs Hbox at shine.

Against spacies at high percents i rely on fthrow techchasing to get my kills. fthrow techchase downsmash or up b are good kill options.
Are you that PM player?
I have watched this set multiple times, as it is just a fun set to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y1-cP2rMEs
It is the 9th result if you YT search "Project m marth".

Top Bottom