• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you kill/finish with Pit?

MC=3

Smash Cadet
Forward Smash is slow and predictable, Downsmash dosen't kill very well unless you're at the edge, Back Air is impossible to land on anyone with any skill, and Up Smash is...Up Smash.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
FSmash is fast.

DSmash kills well.

Bair is easy to land when done right.

Pit racks up damage really fast. Don't expect to kill under 120, but you can hit 120 in like 30 seconds easily.

Secondly edgeguard. A fair off the stage is death, two is murder. Wingrenewal makes 3 fairs easily doable. I get pretty good edgeguards with Uair too. A fresh Dair or Dash Attack can kill off the top around 150ish(I think, not sure)

kown

Smash Lord
forward smash(fsmash) isnt slow and its only predictable because your predictable. Downsmash (dsmash) only kills with the forward part and they have to be kinda close to you. Back Air (bair) is a great killing move when they are in the air. and its not impossible on anyone.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im still trying to find the best way to kill but I know that Pit is all about setting up the kills. Bair isn't that hard to land if you set it up right.

Felis

Smash Cadet
Forward Smash is slow and predictable, Downsmash dosen't kill very well unless you're at the edge, Back Air is impossible to land on anyone with any skill, and Up Smash is...Up Smash.

Well If you think like that then you might as well not play Pit :laugh:

nah Just kidding. But with pit being able to rack up damage quickly his down side is having a finisher.

Try this. On light characters, such as T-link, Kirby, and G/W, at high% try to do SH Dair or catch them in an U smash and it will send them up and will most likely kill them. A sweet spotted Bair can kill at ridiculously low% I have killed a Samus with this at around 80%.

F smash isn't slow its a beast, just straight up use this.

F tilt not as fast as the F smash but has more range and can be unpredictable at times, a definite kill move.

-Felis

P.S. this is just something that I do sometimes, during a match I don't use my dash attack at all and wait for them to get to higher percentages then I use it on them. If the dash attack isnt depreciated (when you use a move over and over it gets weaker) it actually becomes a potential kill move.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I love the Ftitlt. A good kill move. I need to get better at gimping and finishing. So that is my struggle atm. I have my combos down pretty good.

rezen1337

Smash Cadet
Ftilt is perfect for setting Wingrenewal at high percentages. Chase them off the edge afterwards and Fair them to death.

Bair is by far the best kill move and is pretty easy to land.

Fsmash comes out quick, and is good for punishing.

Dsmash is good for setting up situations to chase them off the edge.

Don't use Usmash.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
are you kidding?

How DONT you kill with pit

Fsmash is NOT slow and predictable

Dsmash is ****.

Bair is easy to land on off edge opponents

ZOMG ARE YOU BEING SERIAL

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
... He has multiple jumps; he's an edgeguarding character. Jump out and do either a neutral A or Uair to piss them off and keep them away from the stage until they get tired and accept their peril.

... of course, if you're having serious issues making any of your character's smashes work, you may not have a much easier time making wall-of-pain-style edgeguarding work either. I iz sorri to say.

Top Bottom