• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you kill an annoying Samus?

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Recently, my 1v1 matches with one of my friend's Samus have proved difficult mostly because he makes her crouch cancel my shuffl'd Nair into a dsmash. He shuts down my shuffling by using bombs. I tried using thunderjolt as an an approach, but he just uses her Charge shot on me. I asked him what im doing wrong but refuses to elaborate.

Is there any way around this (IMO) annoying tactic?

D. Disciple

Smash Master
usmash > charged shot (seriously)

If the samus likes to crouch cancel, shffluairs, then tech chase, nair through her and land out of the range of the dsmash, then abuse her lag with another shfflnair into dsmash, usmash or grab.

For missiles, you can use your dair to outpriortize them.

Vid of my pika fighting against a samus. it's old, but should be able to help you out.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
Thanx for the advice everyone. Shffling dair and uair does work. I also learned to space my shuffles a bit better. I managed to one stocked him in the end, but an improvement no matter how small is better than nothing. Oh and for the record, I always used dsmash at the end of the shffl nair so I could juggle him from there, unless I grabbed him afterward. D.Disciple, the vid did help.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
usmash > charged shot (seriously)

If the samus likes to crouch cancel, shffluairs, then tech chase, nair through her and land out of the range of the dsmash, then abuse her lag with another shfflnair into dsmash, usmash or grab.

For missiles, you can use your dair to outpriortize them.

Vid of my pika fighting against a samus. it's old, but should be able to help you out.
That samus' first two stocks were god awful. I like your pikachu :)

Wow, he really picked up his samus near the end. SWD everywhere O.o

Slightlyvicious

Smash Cadet
ok, im a samus player and here is wat i h8 about pikachu, so this is probably wat u should use. 1st off, use ur speed! get around samus and u can kill her like nuts! also, take advantage of thunderjolt wen she is recovering. use thunder 2 because that kills her consistantly above u.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
dont bother knocking her off the edge, her recovery is too good, up smash ftw!
with pikachus up smash being among the best in the game, and samus being a floaty character, koing her from the ceiling should be easy

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
- Shffl dairs through her

- Don't shoot jolts when she has a fully charged blast unless u just attacked and ur resetting ur approach on her.

- if she's returning above the height of the ledge go for

a. Tail spikes
b. Up or forward smashes
c. Jolts to distract (not to necessarily hit with)

- if she's returning and she's below ledge level go for

a. Jolts to push her back while she bomb recovers
b. Forward smashes for non-sweetspotted up+b's
c. Thunder (jump out and then double jump back towards the stage with it) it sets up a line that runs along the line of the ledge

- Until you get used to baiting her into smashes or tilts, don't challenge too many CC's from samus by landing directly into her

- once she's above u in the air u can usually tack on a couple more hits b4 she lands depending on her position and urs. Do it with aerials or thunder...

- the times u do shield a smash u should either...

a. Up smash out of shield
b. WD into a down smash, up smash, or grab
c. If your % is high and ur worried about mistiming a WD towards her, WD away from her and reset (but it's probably better u get the timing for the first two...)
d. Uair out of shield if ur facing backwards...(situational)

Hope that helps

brg

Smash Ace
0.4 m 13 lbs cute electric mouse

vs

interstellar bounty hunter with power suit, missiles and charge beam

You lose. Period.

JOLT143

Smash Apprentice
Tail spikes only work well if she already used her grapple recovery, jolts do nothing if she is on land, and i dare you to pull off a decent combo on this floater.

What brg said you lose. period.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Tail spikes only work well if she already used her grapple recovery, jolts do nothing if she is on land, and i dare you to pull off a decent combo on this floater.

What brg said you lose. period.
The original question was

"What will help against...."

Not "what will ensure victory agasint..."

All u did was come here and say what WON'T work.

Good job

I'm sure that helped him a lot...

Top Bottom