• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you handle Falco?

Tenuity

Smash Rookie
I just started picking up Marth and love him, only problem is I have a hard time dealing with Falco and laser approaches, the pressure from the lasers really stop me from doing anything, does anybody have any tips on how to handle it correctly because I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Thanks, and yeah I don't know what to do, I usually just wait for them to approach and hope I can get a grab off.
This may not be to much of a help, but practice perfect shielding. Surprisingly, jumping over all the lasers and maybe trying to attack Falco from there may or may not be helpful. I am not very familiar with Marth.

Lastly, try jumping then fastfalling over each laser. This really helps me with Sheik.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
You can also counter them up close to hit falco in the process.

Practice your platform movement to penetrate from above and work on your power shields.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
Normally, you're going to want to take Falco to a small stage like BF or YI. FoD somewhat neutralizes Falco's laser game to an extent as well. Powershielding is important in this matchup, and having a good dash-dance game on small stages will allow you to get easy grabs and follow-ups afterwards.

Kellen

Smash Rookie
I play with Socal falco Squid alot and he tells me to dash as soon as i get hit by the laser. That way you can get falco to land unsafely and punish. Also if youre being locked down with multiple lasers, you could try waiting for the falco to jump and then fair out of shield. Be careful though.

Top Bottom