• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys handle a good peach player?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I played a really good Peach last night and got destroyed. I'm a decent Mario, but I felt like I didn't know what to do against her at all. Any general tips or advice for Peach?

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
dont crouch cancel

yellowdee

Smash Apprentice
I like to run away and reverse-B-fireball aerial approaches. I also like to cape her parasol descents and finish off with an up-air from below. I also tease the opponent when a turnip is out by slowly walking toward and then away from Peach repeatedly, then try to backward-cape it when it's thrown. A fireball helps pressure the opponent in this situation. I tend to do well against a Peach when I play it safe.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Try some of the following:
•small stages
-she survives pretty well so big stages aren't the best. She isn't super amazing with platforms so try to take advantage of that. Don't go to FoD
• Dont CC
-it was previously said but yea. I think if you CC it you can SDi and not get sent flying like you would if you didn't. I've done it once er twice so I believe it is a thing.
•uair is great when juggling her
•she loves to combo out of dair if she lands one.
-expect a nair if she is in the air. If she lands grabs are possibilities dsmash.
Then mix in your own style and things you believe will work. Never forget your fundamentals or your style.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
As a peach main and mario secondary I actually find mario somewhat hard to deal with as peach. You need to change your game plan a little though, no crouch canceling, no jabbing (or at least very little, I know mario's jab is god like) don't up air her from under a platform, anti air her with upsmash because its kinda disjointed and beats peachs Dair and usually beats her nair or bair depending on spacing, and most importantly use TONS of fire balls. Fire balls really destroy peach because she cant really approach too well from above you and she obviously cant approach through the fire balls. I disagree completely on picking a small stage that's exactly what she wants, you both have great recovery so you'll both live a while so pick a stage with a low ceiling, some plat forms to throw fire balls from and a ton of space to run away. Basically pokemon stadium 1 or 2 are amazing against peach as mario. If she bans those two (which most probably will) then id recommend skyloft if its legal, or possibly yoshis brawl. Dream land isn't great for her either (i'm not kidding its kinda a false myth that peach does well on dream land its pretty bad for her against a lot of characters). Yoshis story is also decent because your up smash will kill her extremely early and those walls help you out, any stages with walls is gonna benefit you because now you both have pretty much unlimited recovery and its basically just a race to hit the other into the blast zone and due to mario having 3 great smash attacks to use as kill moves (especially up smash) while peach is going to be killing via edge guards or with a nair/Fair, you should be able to kill her much faster than she can kill you. Abuse the fact that you are faster than peach and have an incredible projectile by jumping around and throwing a few fire balls, approach occasionally with something safe like a smash attack/ cross up nair or grab her if shes sitting in her shield (which she probably will be due to the fire balls) but usually just keep your distance, rack up % and kill with upsmash a lot cause its free. Its kinda a war of attrition against peach but honestly the way for any character with a projectile and good movement to beat her is simply not approach, and thats pretty easy for mario to do. Oh and I already said this but DON'T CROUCH CANCEL EVER haha.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Cape any veggies, cape and down-smash her when she tries to use a toad. It's highly recommended to have a quick reaction time when facing Peaches, but that's all up to you and your fingers.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Frickin true life with spamming fireballs haha. Remember she's float, and I think the down throw into forward air combo should work. Maybe it's technically not a combo, but whatever. Fireballs give great pressure towards Peach, and you have a reflector, so by all means use it. Cape can also be used to mess up her recovery, and gimp her

Top Bottom