• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys deal with projectile based characters?

Cheockalet

Smash Rookie
For example, I've been using PAS (Piercing Aura Sphere) to eat the projectiles, but this link I play against always throws the boomerang/arrow/bomb and I feel a little useless as I can't always get in. After I get in, his sword gets me with its disjointed hitbox. Also do you guys just jump out of links up smash?

Thanks

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Piercing Aura Sphere has a huge colldown, jump over it and hit Lucario.'

If you need to deal with it, piercing can deal with some match ups for Lucario. No no go aggressive stay save.

Last edited:

Slythe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ixtalis
3DS FC
3222-6332-1769
Shielding works well against Link. None of his projectiles will wear through your shield that quickly, especially if you jump over a few of them. As someone who has played Link quite a bit I can say first-hand that someone who shields my boomerang perfectly puts me at a disadvantage, as they get to approach while I'm drawing a bomb or lining up a bow shot.

Also, don't feel like you have to dash when approaching on the ground. Dashing makes you vulnerable to any of his ranged attacks. Walk and keep your shield ready. Watch for his throw.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
?
Just use default and don't bother with trying to win the projectile war until your aurasphere eats through everything he has. Bombs obviously still stop it, but he'll have to rely on them at that point, and HE'LL be the one approaching.

Up until then though? Just get close to him. Link's kinda trash up close. Tbh his zoning games only difficult to deal with if you get touched, as his projectiles set up really well for each other, but on there own, they're fairly ho-hum zoning tools. Toss him in the air, and feed off his lack of air mobility options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom