• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you get into the Smash 64 scene?

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
I have been playing melee and Sm4sh for a while now but I don't have fun with Smash 4 anymore. I started playing 64 and I have been enjoying it a ton! I just can not figure a way to get into a competitive scene for this game. What is the best thing to do and what do I NEED to know about this scene?

Annex

Smash Ace
Hey!
I dont think you need to know anything particular about the scene to jump into 64; just go find smashers nearby through regional facebook groups, the SSB player location thread, or by just showing up to local tourneys that have it
Make sure to join the NA SSB64 facebook group since we all find that way better for us than smashboards. Also read through the index to start learning the games tech and practice to get the basic stuff second nature

Shears

Smash Master
I have been playing melee and Sm4sh for a while now but I don't have fun with Smash 4 anymore. I started playing 64 and I have been enjoying it a ton! I just can not figure a way to get into a competitive scene for this game. What is the best thing to do and what do I NEED to know about this scene?
Dude if you're in socal you are in a very good 64 area. Do what annex said and theres a ton of guys in LA that play 64.

D

Deleted member

my advice is to just play the game and have fun. ^_^ forget about cliches and scenes, i've never cared about either.

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
It is nice to hear that SoCal has a good scene. I will have to look for some locals around here.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Just start playing and get good online. Don't be a laggot tho. NO ONE LIKES LAGGOTS Just as any other scene, there are ppl with either too much testosterone, or big egos and feel the need to let you know that you suck or w/e. But you just ignore that and keep playing :D There is cancer online as well, hopefully you aren't a normie who feeds these trolls.. Goodluck XDDDDDD

Last edited:

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
How do you setup for online play? Is it similar to the melee Net play?

Top Bottom