• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you get a tipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecardiackidofDCVII

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this seems like a noobish question, I'm new here. I'm not sure if this is where this question is supposed to go either. I've just started playing Marth. For reference, my main is Ness, my secondaries are Lucas and Ike. I also use Robin, Pit, Dark Pit, and Shulk sometimes.

My problem is, how do I get the tipper? I fought some guy on For Glory right now who was almost constantly getting moves with the tipper. How do you space yourself so properly to always get tippers?

Please help me out here.

(I also asked on r/Marthmains but I haven't gotten many responses yet)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Spacing.

Practice.

There's no 'answer' to this really. You just land it, come practice and time and understanding of Marth's range* :ohwell: Theres No shortcuts. Just more practice?

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
After you play for a while, you'll know the range of your character's attacks (just like how you would when you play any character for an extended period of time).

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Yes, practice.
Also, don't play so many characters. Right now, you should probably only be playing ONE, and probably at most TWO LATER ON. Like, REALLY later on. That way, you can start to know your character like the back of your hand.
You're not getting your characters to the potential they SHOULD be at when you're playing so many-- it's not very useful to be a "jack of all trades" in this game, at least in terms of character selection.
So either pick Marth and learn to tipper, or choose someone else and ditch Marth and everyone else.

thecardiackidofDCVII

Smash Rookie
Yes, practice.
Also, don't play so many characters. Right now, you should probably only be playing ONE, and probably at most TWO LATER ON. Like, REALLY later on. That way, you can start to know your character like the back of your hand.
You're not getting your characters to the potential they SHOULD be at when you're playing so many-- it's not very useful to be a "jack of all trades" in this game, at least in terms of character selection.
So either pick Marth and learn to tipper, or choose someone else and ditch Marth and everyone else.
Well, I only started playing other characters since I'm extremely familiar with how to play my two mains now. Ness and Lucas.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I recommend just going into training first and learning how to use the Directional stick better. After that, practice hitting someone with Marth's moves at their max range. Then you get the basics of tippers. To get into harder tippers, you need to experiment in what scenarios and angles you could get the tip in the arcs of moves such as f-smash. i.e. hitting above you with f-smashes' arc tipper or up and behind you. I'll leave it with that for now.

Edit: If you go to smashpedia and type tipper in, there's a comparison picture between Marth and Lucina showing their sword trails. Marth's sword trail shows his tipper range. Forgot to mention that detail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom