• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you forward glide toss?

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Good luck with that.
I played with it for a solid day and I came to the conclusion that while it does give greater command over your control stick angles (the neck on the nunchuck hat is about twice as long as the gamecube one), simple things like dash dancing, or b-reversing become more difficult in general.

I actually barely noticed a difference when it came to super glide toss; I was able to do a forward glide toss with the gamecube hat the same if not more times than with the nunchuck hat, so I don't recommend switching unless you're already used to the length of the nunchuck stick.

Was worth a try though

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
After trying this tech for weeks and being unseuccessful, i turned tap jump of and bam, i did it first try.

Does tap jump need to be off? I recently switched because i felt easy oos usmash wasnt as necessary and recovery mixups

Megamang

Smash Lord
I find tap jump off good for other elements of megaman, such as using Up B without jumping easily and not randomly losing your jump when trying to SDI upwards out of something that keeps hitting you, both of which can put you in terrible situations.

But this damn tech still eludes my, consistency wise. If I sit down and try, I can get it some of the time, but it never comes out organically in a match. And this is very frustrating, I consider myself pretty good at picking up other tech skill decently. I can perfect pivot consistently, and in melee was doubleshining and shinegrabbing like my life depended on it, with waveshine followups... but I can't do the damn glide toss.

Ive read a bunch of people saying X works for them, try this... but nothing gets it to me consistently. Especially the uthrow vs fthrow part, I can get the uthrow slide a lot but I really want the fthrow slide, I believe that is where the true value of the move is made apparent since it can directly link into stuff with a sawblade hit, and if they are shielding then the sawblade provides great safety and pressure... if you just chuck it up though, you're sliding to your doom against a prepared player. The forward throw also opens up new kill confirms, which is something megaman definitely needs.

Damnit. Wish his regular glide toss was just huge :p

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
As someone co-founded this tech since the very start and uses the Wiimote and Nunchuck, I do firmly believe that all the sliding throws are valuable to Mega Man because they are all useful for something, and make you less predictable.

General use:

Up tossed:
-Anti-air.
-Works good post conditioned to jump opponent caused by many forward super glide tosses
-Aerial combos
-Confirms (yes the forward toss can do that, but what about when they jump? Never underrate this ability.)

Forward tossed:
-Possibly a new BnB starter for up to 50-60% damage on fast fallers.
-The best set up for up tilt on much larger opponnents
-It can turn the perception of the Rosalina, Olimar, and Cloud MU due to how useful it is on them.
-Dair confirmer
-Myriad of other kill confirms
-Shield or jump conditioner; for grabs or reducing options. Forces opponents to rethink everything 5x at least.

Pivot tossed:
-Stalls opponents (Especially effective for certain MUs)
-Coupled with forward, you are now allowed to basically be as near or far as you'd need to be.
-Marvelous against Mario's cape. (Mario will flip you and he'll get hurt instead.)
-Makes throwing metal blades safer.
-If reflected you'll be farther across the stage and not be hit by Metal Blades. (Useful in this aspect if you are too close to the opponent and he might reflect. Other than that, short hop specials and item metal blade counter any reflector from afar.)

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, they are all super useful. Its just frustrating for me trying to get the forward one, because I personally believe with my gameplan, style, and skillset, its the most needed right now. It covers a hole in my gameplan, like I can get them to not shield in neutral and be commital, or try and be reactive... I get them there, but when it is time to slide a metal blade into a bair for a sweet kill, I throw it upwards and get stuffed by a jab =[

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
In the end it may just be a matter of hours and practice

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, definitely. But that has prevailed me before. Im working on some greninja footstool stuff, and after less than an hour im hitting the ones I want most of the time, and have even gotten it in a game later...

But this one tech has just... a timing that doesn't work with my brain or something. I've basically been expressing the same frustration for a few months, so ill cut it short and say I just can't freakin get it solidly down, even when my other megaman zoning stuff and general gameplay is purely muscle memory and I can focus on stuff... Its like, to the point where I have the blade in hand, and im like I could have launched in there and ended this, and instead I just loosely toss it (towards them if im lucky) and work from there... more zoning, instead of just more winning.

Grrr.. And I watch videos on it as well, try and copy that... just... ugh... Perhaps I'll go try it on another controller, my stick is getting a little loose (perfect pivots turning me around and stuff) so maybe that'll help.

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
I do believe ive found that tap jump actually prevents both ditcits, up and forward. It probably changes the toss to a jc glide toss last minute.

Lets make sure this is known

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Hmm, I was hoping you'd solved my problem magically, but my megaman has tap jump off for recovery reasons.

Damn!

Unix

Smash Cadet
Super Glide Toss still works on 1.1.5.

I have tried:
:GCR::GCR:+:GCA:(Hold)+:GCUR::GCB: (Smash 3DS)
:GCR::GCR:+:GCA:(Hold)+:GCUR::GCB: (Smash Wii U Using Nintendo 3DS)
:GCR::GCR:+:GCA:(Hold)+:GCUR::GCB: (Smash Wii U Using Classic Controller Pro)
:GCR::GCR:>:GCN::GCZ:>:GCCU:/:GCCR: (Smash Wii U Using Classic Controller Pro)
:GCR::GCR:>:GCN::GCZ:>:GCCU:/:GCCR: (Smash WiiU Using New Nintendo 3DS)

The Boost Blade is a best way to attack your opponent when has lag.

Last edited:

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
Wait i wasnt aware of using z to cstick... Does it not work on gc controlller?..

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
:GCR::GCR:>:GCN::GCZ:>:GCCU:/:GCCR: (Smash Wii U Using Classic Controller Pro)
:GCR::GCR:>:GCN::GCZ:>:GCCU:/:GCCR: (Smash WiiU Using New Nintendo 3DS)
That seems much simpler if it also works on the GC controller.
I assume this means Z is set to grab and C is set to Smash. So that reads:
Dash > Neutral Throw > uC > fC?

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, IIRC that means you can't use attack stick, and can't forward throw the blade, when you do it the easy way.

Is this correct? Because the reason I was learning the A+B Smash method was to make sure that I could have the forward throw if I needed it.

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
All i know is that uthrow ditcit can still hold forward. It doesnt need to be neutral grab

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yea, in general there are lots of ways to get a uthrow DICIT, but only one for the forward toss (my enemy =[)

Still labbin this **** out, getting a little more consistent. Do you do the inputs as fast as possible or is there notable delay? Anyone have timing tricks? This **** is bothering the hell outta me and really reducing my mega presence on the ladder, I've been having to be a traitor and use greninja!

(Gren + Mega is so solid btw. They want to CP gren with Sonic... then... pellets. lots of pellets.)

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
Its super fast, like youre almost pressing the buttons at the same time. I got it more cinsistenly on ds, cuz on wii u the angle feels super low. Its literaly just moving the joystick up like the distance of the edge of a knife and plinking (sfiv term) a to b

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I decided to come back to the lab on this tech because of how good I've gotten with the upwards DITCIT, and knowing how different several matchups would be if only I could do the forward version. Spent two hours last night to no avail - not even one forward DITCIT. Made a special stage for it and everything.

I will go on a little tangent here, though, because I don't ignore learning, even when I'm failing to perform a tech. This tech has never really been accurately described, to my knowledge, in terms of what is actually happening. Almost every other tech I can think of has a really long, technical description of what's happening and why it's happening, while this one never really got that kind of treatment, so whether or not its common knowledge, I'm gonna put it out on the table:

While I know DITCIT is supposed to stand for Dash Item Toss Canceled Item Toss, what is actually happening is more of a Smash Item Toss Canceled Dash Item Toss, but that doesn't really roll off the tongue. There are three item throwing states in Smash - the normally thrown item, the dash thrown item, and the smash thrown item. In terms of the Metal Blade, and in terms of ending lag, there is no meaningful difference between these two states, as the Metal Blade has a set movement speed and distance it can travel.

The reason I point out the difference between the Smash item toss and normal Item toss is that every time a player performs a successful DITCIT, the player is Smash Item tossing out of a dash, not normal, and to my knowledge, there is no known way to perform a 'normal' item toss to perform the tech. The cause is anyone's guess, but the sliding is created by the player performing a smash item toss when the state machine says it should be a dash item toss (which actually does have noticeable lag difference). This is why the upwards DITCIT is so much easier than the forward DITCIT - it's easier to buffer an upwards smash item toss because the interference of the C-Stick doesn't conflict with the direction the control stick is in, probably for around the same reason jump canceling exists.

I'm bringing this up because hopefully, knowing the more technical details of the tech will bring forth some insight on how to more effectively perform the forward DITCIT, since the question becomes a bit more tangibly phrased as "what is the easiest way to forward smashed item toss while dashing". Also I should mention that there have been several times that I got exactly that functionality, a forward smash item toss out of a dash, but did not slide anywhere near as far as a DITCIT should take me, only as far really as the dash toss would have, but with less end lag. If anyone else has managed this, we might be able to shed light on what makes the sliding actually happen. Godspeed, Mega Men.

JustSomeScrub

Smash Journeyman
If someone could figure out how to do this consistently, it might completely change MegaMan as a character.

The forward Super Glide Toss propels MegaMan forward while having a hitbox in front of him and immediately puts him in neutral afterwards. AND it leads into true combos including kill confirms. Just the threat of it alone would cause players to play completely differently versus Megaman.

It's too good to not figure out. I'm on a 2DS and can't do it consistently either so I don't think the controller is an issue. The timing just seems insanely tight, possibly a 1 frame link.

Last edited:

Unix

Smash Cadet
That seems much simpler if it also works on the GC controller.
I assume this means Z is set to grab and C is set to Smash. So that reads:
Dash > Neutral Throw > uC > fC?
Not "uC>fC", is uC or fC.

:GCCU:= Up toss
:GCCR:= Forward toss.

I've been testing it seems that the A + B method also works with Z (grab).

If
:GCZ:>:GCCR: = :GCA:+:GCUR::GCB: (A+B=Smash enabled)

Then

:GCZ:>:GCUR::GCA::GCB:

What I will say I have not tried, but I think it should be possible to do this without Stick Diagonal. Why? The Stick Diagonal, separates the funcion Toss and Smash Attack. By replacing "A" with Grab, A + B is exclusively for Smash Attack.

I'll just say that I found it much easier this method with other characters too, want someone confirm me if this theory is true.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Z, assuming it is universally to be taken to mean "Grab" in this context, cannot possibly work with Forward C. If it did, there wouldn't be a question of how to foward DITCIT, because we'd all know how to do it.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Yeah. Simply doing Z > C-forward doesn't work That was established a long time ago.

Unix

Smash Cadet
Z, assuming it is universally to be taken to mean "Grab" in this context, cannot possibly work with Forward C. If it did, there wouldn't be a question of how to foward DITCIT, because we'd all know how to do it.
Yeah. Simply doing Z > C-forward doesn't work That was established a long time ago.
I think I forgot put Dash. Sorry.

:GCR::GCR:(Dash)>:GCN:+:GCZ:>:GCCR:

The only time I tried this I did on a WiiU with 1.1.4

Top Bottom