• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel on Frats?

Your opinion of Frats?

• You're completely off, frats are only represented like that by stereotypes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Ever since entering college I've thought only negative opinions on frats. They're nothing more than egotistical jerks who don't stand for any real morals, and only want to get themselves more access to beer/weed and sex. Frat people seem incredibly mainstream and resistant to understanding anything meaningful about life. But a friend has recently told me he actually is friends with a frat member, and that frat member is a down to earth person. So I'm curious what you think about this.

Last edited:

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, fraternities are a pretty interesting bunch. In college, they are usually known as the "cool kids". However, I found that in the professional world, they help out as far as jobs. At times I get to know people and can't imagine them in a fraternity/sorority once in the professional setting.

Not all of them are jerks. And it's never a good idea to throw that title on an entire population. There are always outliers. I do feel that social fraternities and sororities are a way for people to feel included and sometimes it's not healthy for them or the people around them. Other times, it is a good choice and they can make a positive change in their community. Cultural and career specific fraternities and sororities are very different than social ones because they are geared towards teaching their members about their prospective careers. They invite guest speakers and have seminars on professionalism.

Keep an open mind. You never know; one day you may become best friends or find a soul mate in one of those "frat/sorority people".

AfungusAmongus

Smash Apprentice
I have mixed feelings about frats. On the one hand, frats are dangerous and need to be contained. When I went to college it was full of stinky frats. They were uncomfortably intense, especially in confined spaces such as elevators. Frat parties concentrated the horrid musky bro vibes and polluted off-campus lawns. I realize that frats represent a rich tradition passed to us from ancient Greece, but modern frats are corrupt. Far from their lofty origins, they reek of tribalism. Upon entering a frat, students are all too often subjected to inhumane tortures. Such barbarism casts a dark cloud over the whole experience.

On the other hand, many young men are simply predisposed to frats, and they shouldn't feel ashamed of who they are. If you're responsible for a frat, you should claim it and make it yours. Let it reflect shared traits - for example a Korean frat has a different flavor from a Latino frat, and this space should celebrate the distinct character of the group. But most importantly, allow your unique personal strengths to leave a legacy of greatness behind you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom