• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel about this tier list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagGamer

Smash Cadet
Usually I hate tier list threads because there's always someone crying that "insert name" isn't 0.2 places above what he/she should be so let's keep it civil and if we disagree discuss why calmly.
This is not my list but it popped up on Reddit recently and some of these places I can't deny with the way the game feels right now I agree with some of the top players, some of the bottom ones I don't think so but either way in a game of fundamentals most of the mid/low tier doesn't make a big difference to matches.

Anyway without further delay I present it, what's your take on it? what do you like, what don't you like? and how much do you think this may change as the game develops.

ZigZagGamer

Smash Cadet
Inaccurate like all other tier list made at this point.
NO doubt I agree with that, I think Link is easily better than Toon Link through my experience he has overall better setups.
I wouldn't like to say for sure but i'd stick Link amongst C tier, there's other things like Rosalina and Luma being only B, I think you could scratch A with her.

Various other things but none the less some of this isn't the worst, as we don't have everyone figured out yet Diddy does sit at the top till we can say for certain that there's someone better.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Japan's meta is different from ours. This is based on their results and discussions, ours are based on our results and discussions.

Tier lists come with a lot more than just listing characters in order. Metagames vary by region.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
It seems completely off, IMO, as others have said, it's difficult to make a tier list at the moment but even in this case it seems off as an early meta-game tier-list. IMO the most accurate one at the moment is the one on Event Hubs, but even that one has a lot of mistakes.

ZigZagGamer

Smash Cadet
It seems completely off, IMO, as others have said, it's difficult to make a tier list at the moment but even in this case it seems off as an early meta-game tier-list. IMO the most accurate one at the moment is the one on Event Hubs, but even that one has a lot of mistakes.
Ew not that one.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Event Hubs list makes me laugh. I saw what they said some of these MUs for Olimar. Ridiculous how much people don't know when they vote on stuff.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Gonna have to disagree with where they put Olimar.
I'm not sure about how he is now after updates and such, but I think the reason he's considered low is because of crippling nerfs and terrible Pikmin AI when the 3DS version came out, I used to main Olimar in Brawl and was planning on maining him in 4 but I just don't consider him viable for competitive play.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm not sure about how he is now after updates and such, but I think the reason he's considered low is because of crippling nerfs and terrible Pikmin AI when the 3DS version came out, I used to main Olimar in Brawl and was planning on maining him in 4 but I just don't consider him viable for competitive play.
Not sure what crippling nerfs you're talking about, and the Pikmin AI was something people used as a john. It wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
This list looks like they took what the popular character placements are and then for the rest just went with how they were in older games.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what crippling nerfs you're talking about, and the Pikmin AI was something people used as a john. It wasn't that bad.
Less Pikmin, Red Pikmin are weaker, lighter, and a poor recovery, and the the Pikmin AI wasn't a john since they actually desynched when Olimar ran too fast. I'm not saying he's bad, and don't think he actually is bottom, but not as good as he is in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom