• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How do you feel about the controls?

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
The controls on the 3DS feel fine for the most part to me, my biggest complaint is when I press L to grab it sometimes reads as shield instead. As a Link main, I need my tether grab, but it's annoying when I clearly press the correct button and instead I get an airdodge. The problem happens when I play Melee too :/.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
The controls on the 3DS feel fine for the most part to me, my biggest complaint is when I press L to grab it sometimes reads as shield instead. As a Link main, I need my tether grab, but it's annoying when I clearly press the correct button and instead I get an airdodge. The problem happens when I play Melee too :/.
that's because you are pressing it when youre tumbling. you must first get out of tumbling but using an aerial for example and then you can use tether

Drippy

Smash Ace
It doesn't bother me at all though I haven't played on the Wii U before so I can't really remember how it was but I adapt quite fast to new controls I would say.

Ultim8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ultim8Luis
3DS FC
4785-6835-4967
Honestly, i get REALLY fustrated with the controllers on the 3ds. Sometimes I get a tilt instead of a smash attack and to do a mini jump is just barely impossible for me to do. So yeah, it sucks sometimes

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They are fine. I consider it the second best controller option to play a Smash game; although I may feel this way because I play on a New 3DS XL which is great for my hands and I can use the C-stick for Smash attacks. You just need to practice and adjust your finesse to avoid doing a Smash attack when you want to tilt, but this control scheme is far from bad.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind the controls at all. When the demo of smash 3DS came out, thats when I had issues adapting to the controller. But playing it more and more got me use to the controls and the feels of the 3DS. Once the original game came out, I've already learned how to use the 3DS as a controller. I certainly beats other controller options anyway. I've played with my 3DS on the Wii U one time, and I played great with the 3DS. Too bad you can only use it smash mode... I guess it matters for you to get use to it first.

J

Jose_Knight

My only problem is the Circle Pad, i can't use Forward Smash Attack, is so difficult to perform
Wii U Gamepad is good, at least.

Top Bottom