• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you Edge Guard?

Animal

Smash Lord
i was MM my friend who plays fox and winning, but my problem was i had a really hard time edge guarding, i dont really know what works and what doesn't besides down smash and d tilit. any suggestions?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Off stage Nair

Projectiles, namely arrows and boomerang (bombs can save them).

Ledge Hop Nair (doesn't matter if you're facing away)

F-tilt

Rykard

Smash Ace
animal, was your friend possibly T.Webb? cause i know you guys teamed once and we are pretty tight

anyways, when edgeguarding Fox, you base your edgugarding off of where he is coming from just like with every character. if he is going to illusion to get ack onto the stage, downsmashing and downtilting work great. Also YL's nair is another good option since it out prioritizes it. as for the fire fox, again, your nair completely owns it, and if they are at a lower percent you can generally land another nair if the first one hits near the end of the sex kick.

as for trying to hit them while they are off the stage, it helps to try and automatically try and cover a few options that you know fox can take. for example, simply shooting an arrow off the ledge will make it so they cant sweet spot with the illusion because they will just hit the arrow. this works similarly with a boomerang. bombs also work if they hit them close enough so that you could follow up with a nair or something but they also can cause them to mess up a sweet spot.

I also like to dash attack sometimes cause its really quick and hits higher than the downsmash can

rhan

Smash Hero
Nair
D-Smash

My main two attacks. Mainly Nair because of it's ridiculous priority.

Animal

Smash Lord
hahah thanks guys appreicate it, and nah it wasnt T.webb's although id wreck him with my y link haha =)

Top Bottom