• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you double stick DI?

Sure Dave

Smash Apprentice
I've seen Magus do it and I was wondering how you perform this technique. I'm guessing your DI towards the ground and tech on it? Not really sure, which is why I'm asking ;).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You can't tech after DIing into the ground otherwise it would be the most broken tactic in the game, so i'm not sure what your talking about.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
What?

Of course you can tech after ASDI or SDI into the ground. What do you think Magus does in his Double Stick Tech videos?

Double Stick DIing does nothing. The C-stick only ASDI's, but does not work for regular perpendicular DI, however, the C-stick outprioritizes the joystick, so you can ASDI one way and DI another.

This is only useful if, say, you're a CF trying to recover against a Marth, and you know he's about to fsmash you. What you could do is tilt the C-stick towards the stage and tilt the joystick into ideal DI (in this case, perpendicular the hit and towards the stage). The C-stick will ASDI into the stage so you can attempt to ledgetech, but if you miss that, you still have your ideal survivability DI inputted and ready to go.

I'd like someone like Magus or Dorkai (sorry if I mispelled you're name :urg: ) to confirm what I said though.

Top Bottom