• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do wing renewal?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
can anyone explain how to do wing renewal? ive heard it mentioned but i dont get how it would help that much, or how to do it at all:confused:

DAVEEED

Smash Rookie
Wing renewal is a good technique to use when you knock the opponent far off the stage and want to pursue him without endangering yourself too much. Basically you use pit's b-up and touch his foot to the ground without canceling the wings. Then you use an aerial and you will get a renewal of all your jumps plus another b-up. I find it easier to do if you use the b-up in the air because it doesn't force pit so high up. So pretty much just short hop then use the b-up and drop down slightly until you almost touch the ground, then go attack them while they are off the edge and use your renewed jumps and wings to recover.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ahh alright thanks does the demonstration vid show the buttons to press cause ive seen it done it jsut doesnt seem all that great, but ill check the thread

DAVEEED

Smash Rookie
yeah the video helped me learn it alot, UndrDog is boss. But no it doesn't show the buttons, it's not that difficult to pick up though I learned it in one night after watching the video several times. Getting it into situations in real matches is the hard part, but when you do it usually pays off with a free aerial.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I can't test it so I'm looking for somebody to help me out here. If I use wing renewal and then get hit with a projectile before I cancel my WOI with an attack, will I get my jumps back?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wing renewal has nothing to do with canceling your attack. It is so you can chase someone off the edge using WoI, which is faster than jumping, while still maintaining your jumps. I think you are talking about Wing Cancel.
But if you get hit even immediately, there is no worries since you are practically touching the ground anyway.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
That's not what he meant, kupo. He's asking if the first WoI can be cancelled by an enemy attack instead of an aerial and still allow continued jumps and another Up-B. I assume the answer is "yes" because the point at which all jumps and another Up-B are renewed is the point at which Pit's feet touch the ground; the manner in which you cancel the first WoI shouldn't affect it.

Top Bottom