• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do the sonic spin dash jump?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
The point of having a FAQ thread here was to avoid these single question threads.

http://smashboards.com/threads/sonic-faq-differences-between-side-b-and-down-b-more.371222/page-3

Do you really mean spin dash jump? Like, just the spin dash jump? Or are you thinking of something different?

Because a spin dash jump is literally hitting jump while doing a spindash...

:093:
Im talking about sonic spin jump, where he has a yellow spark around him and not a purple one, I jump and spin but I only get the purple spark and no matter what I don't get the yellow spark.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
That's the Vertical Spin Dash Jump 2 (VSDJ2), which can be done by charging a Spin Dash and then pressing the jump button (not the attack button).

Some of its uses are:
  1. jump while retaining the charge you had up until the point you started the jump (no, it doesn't charge the SD in midair);
  2. looking silly because even though it looks like the move is fully charged, when you release it you'll notice that the charge is nowhere to be seen;
  3. making you feel dumb because you thought you could release the SD while jumping (btw, you can't);
  4. making you want to strangle whoever thought that having no way to get out of the jump other than landing was a good idea;
  5. provoke the thought that we'd be better off without this stupid new jump.
Also.. yellow spark?

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
That's the Vertical Spin Dash Jump 2 (VSDJ2), which can be done by charging a Spin Dash and then pressing the jump button (not the attack button).

Some of its uses are:
  1. jump while retaining the charge you had up until the point you started the jump (no, it doesn't charge the SD in midair);
  2. looking silly because even though it looks like the move is fully charged, when you release it you'll notice that the charge is nowhere to be seen;
  3. making you feel dumb because you thought you could release the SD while jumping (btw, you can't);
  4. making you want to strangle whoever thought that having no way to get out of the jump other than landing was a good idea;
  5. provoke the thought that we'd be better off without this stupid new jump.
Also.. yellow spark?
I charged up normally by spamming the button with sonic, and it kept just showing a purple blueish spark around sonic while hes spinning.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
What you're describing is the Spin Charge (down B), while the VSDJ2 is done out of a Spin Dash (side B).

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
What you're describing is the Spin Charge (down B), while the VSDJ2 is done out of a Spin Dash (side B).
Heres also another video i found, i think we're talking about something different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnNkn0Yy3m8&t=0m17s
see how when sonic jumps he has a yellow and blue spark aura around him while charging and jumping in the air freely and touching the ground and doing it again?

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Saw the video and it's a VSDJ2 indeed.

1. press side B and hold B;
  2. press jump while still holding B;
  3. that's the VSDJ2.
Also, I'm pretty sure both the FAQ and the moveset thread have info on how to perform it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Orochi is on top of it.

EDIT:

:093:

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Saw the video and it's a VSDJ2 indeed.

1. press side B and hold B;
  2. press jump while still holding B;
  3. that's the VSDJ2.
Also, I'm pretty sure both the FAQ and the moveset thread have info on how to perform it.
Never mind, figured it out before you even replied
sLATE pLATE reply

Last edited:
Top Bottom