• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do the platform drop?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I realize this topic has doubtless been mentioned before, but after a few searches I was unable to find it--it's probably buried very deep.

Anyway, I've seen some Captain Falcons fast-falling through platforms, particularly Isai. It seems to speed up their game a lot on certain stages. I learned how to do this once but I've forgotten it, so if someone could go through the technique I'd be grateful.

alcheato

Smash Ace
If you mean falling through a platform after a jump, just hold down.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Nope he means Lcancel after the fall through the platform. If you do an aireal as you fall through a Platform it reduces its lag quite a bit. Just make sure to Lcancel it. Isai actually discovered it.

audreyh

Smash Ace
the thing called the isai drop is nothing you guys mentioned.

when you land on a platform you have to go through this standing animation before you can do anything (that is, unless you land on the platform with an aerial and lcancel it, then its the normal lcancel lag)

to isai drop, you've gota roll the control stick forward, then down. sorta a quarter circle type of thing. I think the reason this works is because you're allowed to dash immediately after landing on a platform without any of the standing animation so the game registers a dash, but then you drop thru the platform.

wak made a video of the isai drop with donkey kong somewhere.

found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVk-myfyLI

...unless you mean just falling straight through the platform. just hold down as your going thru it.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
the thing called the isai drop is nothing you guys mentioned.

when you land on a platform you have to go through this standing animation before you can do anything (that is, unless you land on the platform with an aerial and lcancel it, then its the normal lcancel lag)

to isai drop, you've gota roll the control stick forward, then down. sorta a quarter circle type of thing. I think the reason this works is because you're allowed to dash immediately after landing on a platform without any of the standing animation so the game registers a dash, but then you drop thru the platform.

wak made a video of the isai drop with donkey kong somewhere.

found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVk-myfyLI

...unless you mean just falling straight through the platform. just hold down as your going thru it.

couldnt have said it better.

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
I always airdodged into the ground after a platfrom drop, it also speeds things up. I have to try this though.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
It's just a matter of jamming the control stick in a quarter circle down. i.e. let's say you're facing towards the right. Immediately after you hit the platform, jam the control stick to the right, and do a quarter circle down, so at the end of it, the control stick should be straight downwards.

It's like a reverse Hadoken. Instead of doing 236, you're doing 632.

It's exactly like Audreyh said. You're canceling the lag after landing on a platform by dashing, then you can immediately drop through. Although, I usually just waveland off platforms to avoid this kind of problem.

And Shai Hulud, props to your name. I didn't think that there were any Dune fans around here.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
So it's whenever I land?
I thought you could do it when you're just standing on the platform. I don't remember if I was supposed to walk or dash though.

Top Bottom