• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you do the phantasm infinite?

xelad1

Smash Ace
its done by pressing away from the ledge and immediately phantasming towards it. It requires very fast fingers, an easier way to do it is by using the c stick to fall and phantasming at the same time... I don't know how this guy does it though.

emanon

Smash Rookie
deng i wana try that! itll impress all my non smashboard user friends lol

strider43

Smash Journeyman
That's not really an infinite... well i guess but it is meteor cancel-able and it doesn't deal infinite damage. It's more of a mind game really... if Marth meteor cancels it then you don't really have a chance to down hop from the ledge and do a Dair winner. It's not that much of an impressive attack.

xelad1

Smash Ace
That's not really an infinite... well i guess but it is meteor cancel-able and it doesn't deal infinite damage. It's more of a mind game really... if Marth meteor cancels it then you don't really have a chance to down hop from the ledge and do a Dair winner. It's not that much of an impressive attack.
I think he means infinite invincibility, if you do it right and fast enough the invincibility frames should last and you will meteor anyone who tries to get on the stage. For the most part its just pure flash, definitely one of the harder things to do perfectly I find, at least much harder than multishining multiple times with fox and or falco.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
For the most part its just pure flash, definitely one of the harder things to do perfectly I find, at least much harder than multishining multiple times with fox and or falco.
Dang is it that hard, and I waz gonna attempt to replace it with my nooby FireBird stall, well, nvm.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Firebid stall executed perfectly should also give you infinite invincibility, learning to do the phantasm stall is just for the sexiness. Zhu pushes away with the C-stick I believe, and then phantasm's on to the stage. If you're off by a few frames, you fall out of the ledge grabbing range and die.

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
all you have to do is press away with the cstick to let go, and while you do that, overb. it doesnt require amazing fast thumb movement, like the video makes you believe.

It is sexy, but thats about it.

Top Bottom