• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you do aerial turn around ASC

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys.

I've seen a lot of people turn around mid air with ASC. was wondering if this could be done consistently and whats the timing?

I've seen people run forward. jump. aura sphere. then when they cancel. they are moving in the other direction.

I've tried it and i get it sometimes but its not consistent

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
If your momentum is going right, then;

B, QUICKLY hit left, cancel (L or R or whatever). That should do it. As far as timing goes, just keep messing with it until you get it. The actual technique is called B-reversing. There are videos online on how to do it. Here's a decent one, it's for Brawl, but the same mechanics apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHBulOwIs7g

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
To B-reverse I believe you do the directional input first, and then hit B. Hitting B then quickly tapping a direction would cause you to wavebounce.

So jump at them, tap the direction you want to face then press B (make sure you aren't still holding left/right it as you press B). If it were an ASC turnaround the same thing applies.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
heres a good video tutorial on b reversing, turn around b and wavebouncing that clearly explains what each is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYWNayYVLo

risky what youre talking about is just a b turn around, where you simply perform AS in the opposite direction

Risky

Smash Ace
Try wavebouncing his neutral-b. Seems good in neutral game, or for possible shield pressure/spacing mixups to bait out a shieldgrab, crouch cancel, tomahawking them etc. The input isn't the easiest. Certainly looks stylish above all else.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Try wavebouncing his neutral-b. Seems good in neutral game, or for possible shield pressure/spacing mixups to bait out a shieldgrab, crouch cancel, tomahawking them etc. The input isn't the easiest. Certainly looks stylish above all else.
thats actually a good option for movement as well. it is a little tricky to get the inputs down but once you get the muscle memory its pretty easy.

Top Bottom