• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you DI?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think most people DI with their left thumb, but I've never gotten good enough DI that way (especially on Falcon Uairs), so I swapped to taking my right hand off the controller and DIing that way. What do you guys do?

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
why would you do that???
what if you wanted to DI and then neutral A or sumn... how are you going to do that?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
? Wernt u the one who made the advance tech's guide? U put ant-d's di guide there im pretty sure. Look at that lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
At whaahppnd - To get out of Falcon Uair combos, you need some large amount of DI to get out of Falcon's next Uair. The massive hitstun means you won't be getting out of it just by Nairing unless you're Mario. ...I usually play Fox, who just kinda...doesn't recover from hitstun fast enough.

At BHLMRO - ant-d never said how he did his slide DI. I'm just wondering how everyone does theirs, because I've never managed to slide DI well enough with just my left thumb.

At Thino - Yeah, I know. I've never been able to get out of my friend's Uair combos otherwise though.

Thino

Smash Master
I never thought there was a way to escape falcon's uair combo when its done well. I generally drop down the controller , go have a drink and then go to the restroom, check smashboards a bit , and switch back to pj64 when my opponent is doing the last uair

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'll post a couple vids hopefully. I keep forgetting to tape. But it's possible to at least screw with your opponent's spacing if you DI far enough away to get like, a backwards hit to break the combo.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I DI with my left. Unless it's an falcon combo where I feel like I'm going to be stuck for a long time. Then I use my right hand because I can simply tap the stick faster that way.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
I DI with my Left Thumb. How exactly I DI depends on the attack.I pretty much do Street fighter/kof motions ect.

Like that shoryuken motion I was talking about on kaillera or magnetos magnetic blast rawr. Thos are the ones I use most.

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Dont think so but most of it is common sense. Like Samus B up , I would DI down so I have a chance to attack before she lands.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I use a dpad, so I take my right thumb off the attack buttons and give my arm a mini like seizure thing to spam down or whatever, down to get outta falcons uairs, works but tkaes a lot of effort and thought.

Top Bottom