• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you DI Link's down-throw?

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Left, Right, In, Out, Away, UP, down. There does not seem to be a good way to DI links down-throw. It always sets up for free damage. Even at higher percentages the knock back doesn't seem to go further.

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
Seems like that to me too tbh. I would imagine left or right would be the better option but i cant seem to escape Dthrow>upB at higher mid percents (gotta love playing fast fallers x.x). darkdeity15 is probably right, you just have to not get grabbed.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Now that Link's down throw sends opponents into tumble, you need to DI before you're out of the move. Similar to Jigglypuff's up throw in Melee. DI outwards. Link can cover many different options usually out of down throw. Like DarkDeity15 mentioned, try not to get grabbed.

Top Bottom