• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you deal with platform campers/options from ledge?

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm gonna pop it off by saying I've got all his essential tech down, ,DJC Aerials, DJC side B, Magnet combos like Magnet > DAir/NAir/UAir. DAir pillars, Magnet shield pressure, etc. I have this tech and for the most part I can get in and do 0-80% combos but then I just have the issue of playing the neutral vs smarter players. It gets really hard to get in and sometimes I get punished for DJC'ing Side B so I try to do it a little bit further but then they just travel over platforms and I don't know what to do when they're on platforms or if they're just running away from me and camping on platforms.

Also, what do you do when you're on the ledge? I can't find a safe option back onto the stage unless my opponent is stupid and tries to punish my invincible tether regrab. How do I mix up my stage recoveries? Lucas's roll back onto the stage is slow as hell and can be punished on reaction. How can I mix it up on the ledge?

One last question, how come I don't see many Lucas players use Magnet OOS? It's a fairly good option is it not? Is it because it's not quicker than Fair OOS?

Last edited:

Une

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm gonna pop it off by saying I've got all his essential tech down, ,DJC Aerials, DJC side B, Magnet combos like Magnet > DAir/NAir/UAir. DAir pillars, Magnet shield pressure, etc. I have this tech and for the most part I can get in and do 0-80% combos but then I just have the issue of playing the neutral vs smarter players. It gets really hard to get in and sometimes I get punished for DJC'ing Side B so I try to do it a little bit further but then they just travel over platforms and I don't know what to do when they're on platforms or if they're just running away from me and camping on platforms.

Also, what do you do when you're on the ledge? I can't find a safe option back onto the stage unless my opponent is stupid and tries to punish my invincible tether regrab. How do I mix up my stage recoveries? Lucas's roll back onto the stage is slow as hell and can be punished on reaction. How can I mix it up on the ledge?

One last question, how come I don't see many Lucas players use Magnet OOS? It's a fairly good option is it not? Is it because it's not quicker than Fair OOS?
Let's see to get back on you can wavedash, rising aerial, ledge jump cancel aerial, and uh air dash and snake

Also Magnet OOS should be the same speed as Fair I think. Both are 4 startup. If it's blocked it's a lot better but you also can't move around like you can with fair since Magnet halts your momentum a lot. But yeah I've been thinking about Magnet out of shield I should start trying it out sometime.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Let's see to get back on you can wavedash, rising aerial, ledge jump cancel aerial, and uh air dash and snake

Also Magnet OOS should be the same speed as Fair I think. Both are 4 startup. If it's blocked it's a lot better but you also can't move around like you can with fair since Magnet halts your momentum a lot. But yeah I've been thinking about Magnet out of shield I should start trying it out sometime.
I'm pretty sure that magnet is considerably faster than fair out of shield. The reason being is that you can cancel your jumpsquat with magnet. So technically magnet out of shield would be at its fastest a 5(6)? frame option while fair would be a 7(8)? The reason for the question marks is because I thought magnet was frame 5 and fair was frame 3 although again i could be wrong.

Now what really peaks my interest is whether or not OU Burst can cancel a jump squat. That would essentially mean that Lucas has a frame 3 Oos option. Someone please confirm.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Wait, you can cancel your jump squat with magnet?
Yes sir. You can go ahead and try it out yourself. Compare a normal magnet to a magnet in which you first jump and magnet at an angle. If you do it fast enough, you'll notice Lucas move forward a tiny bit without getting off the ground. And just to make sure you did it correctly, jump immediately after you magnet. If you perform Lucas' double jump, it means you weren't fast enough

NeonApophis

Smash Apprentice
You can't cancel jumpsquat with magnet. You can magnet on the first frame that you're in the air, which stops your vertical momentum and causes you to land immediately, but you still have to wait out the jumpsquat frames. I'm pretty sure the only things that can cancel your jumpsquat are grab and up smash.

Also, Lucas has an amazing ledge game in this build. You can let go of the ledge and re-tether to refresh your invincibility, and do lots of stuff from the ledge while still invincible. Here's a pretty detailed post on the subject: http://smashboards.com/threads/help-with-recovery.347560/#post-16315279

Top Bottom