• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do You Deal With Falco's Dair?

Zhook

Smash Rookie
Specifically when recovering. Falcon has such a predictable recovery and my friends Falco can pretty much just short hop dumpster me whenever I even try and sweet spot without even going off stage. Tips? Or is this just one of Falcon's many weaknesses?

Heavy Gomez

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyGomer
yeah the main way to deal with falcos edgeguard is to not get knocked off of the stage

if you're losing stage control, you're losing to falco

BauxFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Specifically when recovering. Falcon has such a predictable recovery and my friends Falco can pretty much just short hop dumpster me whenever I even try and sweet spot without even going off stage. Tips? Or is this just one of Falcon's many weaknesses?
Reverse up B always helps.
Try doing high, platform cancelled recoveries. Mix up timings, and etc.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
His dair is more than just a threat as a edguard though guys. How do we deal with it as he comes from above? Seems like we do not have the leisure of auto win priority upair since dair is damn good.

To get around the edguard though, try doing "dumb" high recoveries to mix up as mentioned by Baux. Or try to upB deep over the ledge and hopefully get daired into the stage.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
His dair is more than just a threat as a edguard though guys. How do we deal with it as he comes from above? Seems like we do not have the leisure of auto win priority upair since dair is damn good.
Depends on his angle. Falcon cant challenge it directly. If falco comes in with a short hop, dealing with it is not that difficult just attack falco's mid -upper section. If falco drops in like from a full hop, just get out of the way. His vulnerable section is much harder to hit. if 20gx is your thing power shielding is a good choice. Wavedash back or pivot back up tilt or up angle f tilt are good grounded options. Also its possible just to jump past falco and hit him with an aerial as he passes.

Top Bottom