• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you counter a Bowsercide?

Roager

Smash Ace
I don't think you understand what it meant. That's just a screenshot of the bowserside, during the flip. Bowser didn't get moved to his back. What it's talking about is that both bowser and the victim can DI the jump. So if Bowser's gonna bowsercide you, you may be able to redirect it onto the stage. How much control each person has is based on damage. More damage, less control. So a highly damaged bowser will have a tough time bowserciding. Unless the other person is also high damage.

Unless there actually is a way to do what you thought was happening. If there is, i don't know about it.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
It says depending on Bowser's damage he has a certain amount of resistance from getting flipped. Also the link works now...

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
Roager is right. If bowser has a lot more damage than the opponent, the opponent can move horizontally to get back onto the stage.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
yeah it just means whoever has the least damage has more control of the horizontal movement.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
But please don’t worry. The opponent will be able to affect side-to-side movement just like Bowser.

The opponent can fight back.

The effectiveness of this resistance depends on the damage gauge. The less damage the opponent has, the stronger he or she will be able to resist.
So that's the quote from the page everyone is chattin about. Just so we are all on the same page.
It does not refer in anyway that the opponent will be able to flip Bowser around. It states, (this should really end this thread too btw)

The opponent will be able to affect side-to-side movement just like Bowser.
That's all it comments on in regards to countering this move. We can affect the side to side movement. That is all.
So when a Bowser is at high percents and wants to use his Bowsercide (coz he'll die soon anyway amiright?) he will have less control (depending on the other character).
Whether testing has occurred on the weighting of the opponents affect in regards to damage differences, I am not sure. Maybe a Bowser Mainer can help me out.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you got much more % damage than Bowser, then you dont. Otherwise, DI the other way to push bowser towards the way u want to go. Note that it is horizontal control only, so choose left or right depending on where you're at.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Greenstreet hit the nail right on the head it ONLY affects side to side movement there is no way of flipping him
This.

Do people have common sense any more? >_>.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Nope they don't. I remember hearing people could flip him at the end of the Bowsercide and end up winning. XD I was like "ok...you're not flipping him you're just DIing and jumping out of it..." :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nope they don't. I remember hearing people could flip him at the end of the Bowsercide and end up winning. XD I was like "ok...you're not flipping him you're just DIing and jumping out of it..." :/
Wait...you can jump out of it?

o.O

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't know about other characters but I heard lighter characters have a chance to stall the Bowsercide(or something like that) and it'll end up in Bowser dying first because he falls faster or something. Now with Bowser, I jump out of the Bowsercide a lot. Almost always when I have a second stock to spare, just to be a **** and get a two stock win instead. XD

EDIT: Also, I remember there was a video showing how Ganonbanning a lighter character can make the lighter character survive while Ganon dies first. I'm sure it's the same as Bowserciding, but I don't know where the video is. :/

Top Bottom