• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you cancel zelda's up B?

marshedpotato

Smash Rookie
I've seen people do it if they're not happy with the first part (the disapear) then they can cancel it. How is it done?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've seen people do it if they're not happy with the first part (the disapear) then they can cancel it. How is it done?
Do you mean when someone tries to get the two hit vertical combo with FW, but then the opponent angles out of the first hit, which would make the second one miss?

Because if you mean that, then simply holding downward or down angled just as you're disappearing will cause Zelda to instead reappear on the ground instead of the air--and missing the second hit. Which is a much better outcome for Zelda if the opponent does angle the first hit.

Did you mean that sort of 'cancel'?

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Sounds like you're referring to the Zelda player simply holding down to reappear in the same location they activated it. The player is essentially telling Zelda to teleport down through the stage and Zelda can't do that so she stays in the same position. It's not a cancel, it's just angling FW2 to be more suitable when FW1 doesn't hit, the opponent DI's FW1 unfavorably, or if they wanna catch an opponent off-guard by teleporting without actually moving.

On a slightly different note, I have been able to cancel FW2's hitbox. This has only happened by accident but, when teleporting down to the stage, it's possible to space it such that you reappear just above the stage and the game doesn't register the hitbox when your momentum pushes you all the way down to the stage. Knowing the distance makes this a really inconsistent problem for me since I obviously don't want to cancel the hitbox. This has only happened to me 3 or 4 times which means the spot above the stage where I reappear must be incredibly precise to cancel it but it's happened regardless and I have been punished for it when I would have hit an opponent that wasn't shielding.

Sorry if that was a bit off-topic but it's the only "cancelling" of FW I've ever encountered.

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
Make sure that what you saw wasn't Project M footage. It's possible to cancel her Up B via airdodging on Project M, but not on Smash 4.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Since I haven't seen anyone here discover it yet. You can also edge cancel the ending of FW, similar to Wizard's Foot.

Just don't mis-space it.

EDIT: Oh lol, just saw the data thread. Good to know people are using it.

Last edited:

marshedpotato

Smash Rookie
Hi all - thanks for your replies. Turns out i was being a bit daft! I was referring to how you can cancel it in Project M, I didn't think you could in smash 4 but then i saw this video at 0:32 youtube.com/watch?v=k2uAeuHXsg8

But it turns out i was being silly and he actually teleported into a pacman trampoline giving the impression it was cancelled XD thanks very much all :D

Top Bottom