• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you autocancel Kirby's aerials?

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Dair and uair autocancel with a short hop.

Kurogane Hammer is the GOAT for this kind of stuff tbh.
Yes, I use Kurogane all the time. But it doesn't exactly tell you how to autocancels the moves, just the frames it can be performed on. So I wanted to see if anyone on here knew how to.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I use Kurogane all the time. But it doesn't exactly tell you how to autocancels the moves, just the frames it can be performed on. So I wanted to see if anyone on here knew how to.
Can you be specific with what it is exactly that you're trying to figure out? I understand that you're trying to figure out how to autocancel moves but i'm not 100% sure if you're asking like when to press the buttons or what.
I mean to autocancel moves you perform them input within the amount of auto cancel frames, if you do it properly the move won't activate and you'll be able to immediately go into another action, such as shield. Easiest example is canceling DAIR since Kirby has an audio cue.

KirbyFan20

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FlameMaster93
3DS FC
4811-7980-0973
Can you be specific with what it is exactly that you're trying to figure out? I understand that you're trying to figure out how to autocancel moves but i'm not 100% sure if you're asking like when to press the buttons or what.
I mean to autocancel moves you perform them input within the amount of auto cancel frames, if you do it properly the move won't activate and you'll be able to immediately go into another action, such as shield. Easiest example is canceling DAIR since Kirby has an audio cue.
I was referring to the action that's required to perform the autocancel, such as a short or full hop, and the timing for when you need to begin the attack to perform the autocancel.

I tried experimenting by myself for a while, but wasn't too successful in discovering anything. Which is why I'm asking here instead.

Top Bottom