• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you approach with Ness?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Every person I've fought so far has done nothing but run off and spam non-absorbable projectile, camp around platforms, and has me chase them. Don't tell me to not chase them, because then it literally goes nowhere because they don't approach. I can see where they're going, where they're standing, and no matter what, it always comes down to me not being able to retaliate their strategies. I'm sick of projectile characters, and I'm sick of sword characters.

Warwick J

Smash Rookie
Well, you have a bat that reflects non absorbable projectiles, don't you? Try using it.
Condition shield with your own projectiles, then go for a grab.
Nicely spaced fair and bair are good options.
shorthop down-B nair is also good.
watch FoW and Awestin play ness on youtube

Last edited:

Mr Saturn Fanboy

Smash Apprentice
Jump and use Thunder the bring them closer to you, then stay on top of them, walling them out with falling up air and fair. Yoyo would also be appropriate.

PSI Magnet is also an amazing utility as it's displacement puts your opponent into the perfect spot for a sweet spot bair

Edit: don't be afraid to go offstage. Also if your opponent is particularly spammy, refrain from using PK Fire, as nearly every other projectile user will out range you. The exception to this is when you have stage control.

Last edited:
Top Bottom