• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you approach a peach?

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
How do u approach a peach if they hover alot and is hard to predict ehat their thinking?

i try just rushing and attack with a short hop fair or nair but just get knocked away!

sometimes i get lucky and get a hit and do some combos but thats it -_-

there has to be a beter way to start attacking right?

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Who do you use?

Just uses moves with good priority (ie Ganon's uair, Falcon's uair). Also, don't just run in and attack. Mind game them into attacking and not hitting, then attack them.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
dude its a lost cause peach has her own tier.

but seriously counter-picking can be a big help and part of the game. fox, marth, shiek, and even young link do fairly well against peach. have projectile character? spam. have a swordsman? space properly. peach isnt unstoppable. only when i use her she is. jk. lol

no seriously...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
HoleChef said:
dude its a lost cause peach has her own tier.
Err nope incorrect sir.. she is on High Tier with Marth... so i'm not all that sure what your saying... WTF are you talking about with YL? Incorrect again.. and sheik can get ***** if played incorrectly which i'm assuming since the guy is a n00b he will...

To face a peach you have to make sure that you never ever in all of gods mercy crouch because she will bone you with her Dsmash

Just take fox and waveshine (assuming you know how) her around her light weight can be a nuisance but just DSHL (assuming again if you know how) and look for vertical kills...

NEVER EVER CROUCH

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Err nope incorrect sir.. she is on High Tier with Marth... so i'm not all that sure what your saying... WTF are you talking about with YL? Incorrect again.. and sheik can get ***** if played incorrectly which i'm assuming since the guy is a n00b he will...

To face a peach you have to make sure that you never ever in all of gods mercy crouch because she will bone you with her Dsmash

Just take fox and waveshine (assuming you know how) her around her light weight can be a nuisance but just DSHL (assuming again if you know how) and look for vertical kills...

NEVER EVER CROUCH
so i guess sarcasm isnt a second or third language to you. i was kidding about peach being in her own tier which is "peach tier." wrong again with young link?

MuBa said:
With proper spacing and mindgames with projectiles such as the boomerang and bombs you get this.
watch this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHceYwjqv9o

No, Young Link is a solid counter to Peach. Pretty much good spacing of projectiles **** her bad and also Young Link has good combos against her.

A simple bomb-> point blank boomerang-> nair-> d-smash racks Peach up to 50%.

Also, one HUGE advantage Young Link has is the mighty Bomb Plant combo, in which peach players fear quite a bit. At 90% Young Link can kill her with the Bomb Plant or even sometimes lower. Young Link's recovery against her is fairly moderate as well. Basically, Peach can chase Young Link, but Young Link takes advantage of his speed and projectiles, plus he can edgegaurd her pretty well with his nair. Not to mention he can kill her at low percents.
you are the one that is wrong "sir"...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
arguing about who counters peach is not the issue in question here. we're discussing approaches.

i've got quite a lot of peach experience here in norcal, and peach is a character of very, VERY high pressure. she's a cute and thin girl lol, so her wd (no matter how short it is) and dashes could allow for a lot of great spacing and punishing approaches with priority. if she's the one who approaches you, she's much like marth and fox with the way she could punish you even when attacking your shield. with dairs, turnips, dsmashes, and lots of other high-priority approaches, she really should deserve her own tier.

how to approach her? since her defensive side can be slightly weak due to how much she can be comboed, lots of peaches will be quite cautious when getting approached. she's fast, but not fast enough to be completely aggressive all the time. it's foolish to rush into her because she can punish any approach with any smash, or other spacing tactics.

attempt to confuse her with movement to make her mess up. if you can use a shield-safe aerial, do so. it'll pressure her back. capitalize on any mistakes (like mistimed rolls, dodges, whiffed moves, etc.) IMO, there is no true counter pick for her, only even matchups. it depends on the player's style. some are great anti-fast fallers, some are great anti-floaties, some are very balanced. figure out her style and flaws and you're set.

the top 5 characters (fox falco sheik marth peach), IMO, have no true counter picks. (except for maybe ice climbers vs sheik/falco ^_^)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@HolyChef I stand corrected on the YL counter my friend good shiz :)

and sorry i'm never good at picking up sarcasm on the internet and i've seen enough terrible advice thrown around on the boards to worry when i saw that

On approaches though again its all going to be mindgames my friend that save you, your not going to have an advantage over her because even with a YL a peach can still beat you if your not careful... tricky approaches and mix up your movements

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Kevin M...waveshine around peach? It works basically one time. If you do, more than one waveshine in succession the Peach will generally crouch cancel the second one, and since you're holding down for shine...you'll probably get *****. So...quit liking boys.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
arguing about who counters peach is not the issue in question here. we're discussing approaches.

i've got quite a lot of peach experience here in norcal, and peach is a character of very, VERY high pressure. she's a cute and thin girl lol, so her wd (no matter how short it is) and dashes could allow for a lot of great spacing and punishing approaches with priority. if she's the one who approaches you, she's much like marth and fox with the way she could punish you even when attacking your shield. with dairs, turnips, dsmashes, and lots of other high-priority approaches, she really should deserve her own tier.

how to approach her? since her defensive side can be slightly weak due to how much she can be comboed, lots of peaches will be quite cautious when getting approached. she's fast, but not fast enough to be completely aggressive all the time. it's foolish to rush into her because she can punish any approach with any smash, or other spacing tactics.

attempt to confuse her with movement to make her mess up. if you can use a shield-safe aerial, do so. it'll pressure her back. capitalize on any mistakes (like mistimed rolls, dodges, whiffed moves, etc.) IMO, there is no true counter pick for her, only even matchups. it depends on the player's style. some are great anti-fast fallers, some are great anti-floaties, some are very balanced. figure out her style and flaws and you're set.

the top 5 characters (fox falco sheik marth peach), IMO, have no true counter picks. (except for maybe ice climbers vs sheik/falco ^_^)
well if someone picked peach my "approach" to my opponent would be to counter-pick with a marth, fox, etc....

Top Bottom