• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do u Know When your a good Zamus user???

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
if you want names fine, i vaguely remember but since you insist
Soft (he used marth and jiggly)
sleepy k (or something) i think he used shiek
those are people i can remember not on wifi although there are more

and for the wifi, just go to gfaqs and fight people who are on the top 10 list, im about even with them right now

Garde

Smash Ace
SleepyK is decent (does pretty well in team tournies), though I can't say I've heard of Soft before. Sounds to me like you're a decent Zamus, though I can't say how you'd fare in big tournaments with M2K, PC Chris, Azen, etc. Definitely decent if you beat SleepyK, though.

I guess you live somewhere in the South?

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
i live in atlanta georgia, and i fought them at a anime con not long ago

im entering the bigger tourney's for brawl cause its looks alot more balanced, otherwise i would'nt pay this game any attention like i did with melee, and stick with guilty gear, soul calibur, and street fighter

onii-chan

Smash Ace
i live in atlanta georgia, and i fought them at a anime con not long ago

im entering the bigger tourney's for brawl cause its looks alot more balanced, otherwise i would'nt pay this game any attention like i did with melee, and stick with guilty gear, soul calibur, and street fighter
guilty gear and soul caliber...you any good at them because those games i rule at...even though there isn't tourneys for those in houston :( but if your every in houston let me know and we can play some sl3 or if you have xbox360 we can play some sl4 when it comes out...also i will be at a tourney this saturday and i will post a link to the winnings and ranks for this one...

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
GG i use eddie, testament, slayer, baiken, and jam

SC i use taki, nightmare, and xiangua

3rd strike i use yun, chun li, and ken

im getting the new sf and sc when it comes out, i'll be glad to challenge you

onii-chan

Smash Ace
GG i use eddie, testament, slayer, baiken, and jam

SC i use taki, nightmare, and xiangua

3rd strike i use yun, chun li, and ken

im getting the new sf and sc when it comes out, i'll be glad to challenge you
in gg i also testament and thats about it

sc i use taki,nightmare,xiangua,ivy,cassandra,maxi,talim,yon soueng, astranroth, voldo and lizard man...and i play good with all of them

yes indeed i will be happy to play you in sc4 of course when i comes out

here is the thread for yesterdays tourney in houston look around you should find out waht happen...i represented for zamus even though i still lost
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123&page=136

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
umm...wow i wasnt looking for answers like well are u getting your A** BEAT AND STUFF LIKE THAT the only thing i was looking foe is examples like you know your a good Zamus player if your SH'ng your stun ggun and things like that..but thanks 4 the help ant way...

onii-chan

Smash Ace
umm...wow i wasnt looking for answers like well are u getting your A** BEAT AND STUFF LIKE THAT the only thing i was looking foe is examples like you know your a good Zamus player if your SH'ng your stun ggun and things like that..but thanks 4 the help ant way...
well back to your question...this are the things you should use and the sitautions to use them in...

dash-cancel up smash: this i a good move to do and comes in handy but don't abuse it...it will soon become predictable

forwardb: this is a good recovery move and also a good attack move...so it gives you the offense and defense needed...spam only when nessaccery as when your opponent is at high damage percentage

upair: this is one of zamus best moves IMO and is quite reminesent of cfals upair...because it is quite combolicious...you should be able to land three of this in the air followed by a upB

upb: this is a excellent antiair move and also her main recovery with unparaelled range...it pulls the opponent down...so if you have launched your opponent into the air you can do futher combos like so...: dcus>upsmash>upsmash>upb>uptilt

downb: just as the forward be this is a good offense and defense move...she does a flip that gives her a few seconds of invisbility and it is fast enough to dogde progectiles if done at the right time...but i you press Aneutral the is a sexy kick with decent knockback, superlag, and kill at about 100+ precentages

fowardtilt: use in moderation it doesn't have that many uses but you should find some

nuetralB: her stun laser is quite useful for stopping you opponent in their tracks and following up with a combo...try not to spam and use wisely

downsmash: its the same as the stun laser except aimed at the ground...the lag on the move makes it completely fustrating at times but when used correct it can be devasting to you opponent and could result in some nice combos for example: nuetralB>downsmash>forward b

forwardsmash: this move is pretty decent...i say this because it has lag on its execution with leaves you open for an attack...but it also has some upsides one is that it can be used to sweetspot, another is it has nice range, and also it can hit opponents that roll behind you

This of course is in my own opinion but could prove useful...if there is a problem in it let me know and i will change it...also if anyone wants to add on to what i put that can

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think any of us are "good" Zamus players at the moment. I'm really looking forward to what the next 6-12 months will bring in terms of technical skill improvements. As long as you play against diverse people that keep you challenged you're on the right track.

Sure, you can be good compared to everyone else at this point in time, but after Melee's extended tenure I'd rather play for the long term and just work hard at mastering techniques over time, and not take a break to compare my current successes to everyone else.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im not a ZSS player at all, but i'd assume you would know you are a good Zamus player when you go to a tourney and do well with her on a consistent basis

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
When you can answer this question for yourself.
i definitely agree with this, u should know this question for yourself. i use her, im not gr8 with her but i can beat lvl 7,8 opponents 2 on 1 or lvl 7 and under 3 on 1, and fairly easily beat lvl 9 1 on 1 and so if u r better that me then u r pretty good, if you r way better than your very good, and if u could slaughter me in 4 seconds than u r amazing (like that could ever happen, i bet i could beat u).

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
i definitely agree with this, u should know this question for yourself. i use her, im not gr8 with her but i can beat lvl 7,8 opponents 2 on 1 or lvl 7 and under 3 on 1, and fairly easily beat lvl 9 1 on 1 and so if u r better that me then u r pretty good, if you r way better than your very good, and if u could slaughter me in 4 seconds than u r amazing (like that could ever happen, i bet i could beat u).
lol you bet you could beat me.. lol your funny ..theirs only one way to find out if you can or not

ashes

Smash Apprentice
I paly ZSS as well and i am getting to the point where i think that i am good, but I have not tested myself out in a tournament, but i am hoping to do so soon. So i like idea that Banshi posed: to have a ZSS tourney.

YoungMoney702

Smash Cadet
if you were a superstar are you going to atmit that your good? You shouldn't really say your good cuz what if one day you get beat bad; how will you feel? So yea i straight up suck when it comes down to playin 1 on 1 with ZSS

biggunns007

Smash Rookie
i think that zamus is the cheapest charecter in the game with her gay a$$ paralyse attacks she can stun and combo ne one and her whip is over powered for the distance she has with it i think she will deff be top tier and then be hated by all.

Killress

Smash Ace
ive been playing with zamus since the game came out, ive even put i WII key in my WII so i was able 2 play the imported verson of brawl before it came out in the U.S ... I think i know almost every thing their is 2 knw about her but 4 all u guys out their who main her i have a question 4 you,how do you know if your a good Zamus user ??? i pretty much mastered her short hop , know all her pros and cons,what moves you should nd shouldnt do in a match and when 2 camp.. etc .... ima be adding some vids pretty soon so you guys can let me knw what u think about my zamus and how im doing and what i shouldnt be doing in matches... please help me out..
When you can beat a snake:laugh:

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
i think that zamus is the cheapest charecter in the game with her gay a$$ paralyse attacks she can stun and combo ne one and her whip is over powered for the distance she has with it i think she will deff be top tier and then be hated by all.
Honestly? You sound like a prepubescent little b****. Thank sweet dear lord baby Sakurai that I don't have to listen to your high-pitched whiny a** when I play SSBB in the same way my Halo 2 and 3 careers have been so ungraciously plagued.

Get over yourself. ZSS is not a cheap character, and she's certainly not easy to pick up. Try not walking straight into her paralyzing attacks next time you play against her. And you definitely can't throw this crap about ZSS when you've got that little Falco head under your name. Do the phrases "Chain Grab" and "Blaster Spam" mean anything to you??

And do yourself and every poor soul who has to read the horsecrap you post a favor and pick this up when you get a chance. Trust me, it's worth the 15 bucks.

Top Bottom