• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do Marth's use aerial so quickly?

Evanpwnz

Smash Rookie
Recently I have been playing alot of Marth ditos and have been getting scrapped. The difference I notice between the other Marths and I is that they chain their aerials (fair/uair) in one consecutive jump/combo (combos like fair into uair in one short hop or fair into multiple fairs.) so quickly while I would fast fall/L-cancel aerials and missing the follow ups. Everytime I would try chaining my aerials I would get punished/counter by their aerials mostly due to me being too slow with the aerials and messing up my spacing. I want to see if I'm doing something wrong with my positioning or if there's something I have to do with my buttons to be quick enough. For nair and fair I use the A button and dair/uair I use the c stick. I tried messing around in training mode with aerials by switching buttons but I still seem to have trouble being quick enough to aerial multiple times in one jump. Any suggestions/help?

Edit: I just noticed how bad the grammar is for the title so forgive me.

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
There is short hop double fair and short hop fair-uair. You just have to grind those out, as it's all one movement. I jump with :GCX: so I go straight to the c stick when going left. When going right, I use :GCA: for the first aerial, then c stick for the next. It's difficult, but it gets easier with practice.

Evanpwnz

Smash Rookie
There is short hop double fair and short hop fair-uair. You just have to grind those out, as it's all one movement. I jump with :GCX: so I go straight to the c stick when going left. When going right, I use :GCA: for the first aerial, then c stick for the next. It's difficult, but it gets easier with practice.
Can I do these moves with the Y button as jump, I find it hard to adjust changing jump buttons -_-.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah of course. Just get used to using the c stick and or A button right after. Whichever makes it more comfortable. Just make sure you can L cancel after the second aerial.

Top Bottom