• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I use the final smash effectively?

Kham

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to just barely tilt the stick and nudge the volt tackle into the opponent, and pressing A when they're fairly close to the edge. I'm having some trouble controlling the movement of the volt tackle though. Also, is repeatedly pressing A during the final smash a good idea? i have the feeling it takes away from the time you're in volt tackle. Are there any other buttons that i can press during the final smash?

Turtlefox

Smash Cadet
Well, some buttons I'm guessing you CAN press are C, Start, Z, L, R and Up D-pad among other things, but they're probably not gonna do anything...

Yeah, sorry for taking your question in so uhh literally (for lack of a better word), but I don't have the game and I had to write something regarding your question "Are there any other buttons that i can press during the final smash?"

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I think pressing A does not affect the duration of the move. As for controlling it, just try moving in straight lines instead of zigzagging. I don't have the game but my best advice is to test it on Training Mode. Seriously, does it take that long to test?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
From what I know, you can press A for huge knock back. Controlling is the main issue, but that's what Training Mode is for.

^ Hey, fellow Jerseyian!

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
You should be able to slow it down by pressing the opposite direction you're moving, but it's difficult. I have troubles controlling it too. Practicing in Training Mode would probably be the best idea until you get a hang of how to move it efficiently. I haven't noticed a decrease in duration by pressing A.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
I don't get when to press 'A' for huge knockback. Do you do it while you're passing through a target?

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
I don't get when to press 'A' for huge knockback. Do you do it while you're passing through a target?
More or less. When you press A while doing Volt Tackle, your electricity will expand for a moment, shocking a wider area and giving more knock-back. Afterwards, your size shrinks for a slight moment and then returns to normal, at which point you can press A again.

Kilala

Smash Rookie
It's hard to control volt tackle D:

What i do to make the most damage was going in straight lines actually, but that ball of light is so fast it just might graze the opponent D: Just keep pressing A while passing by the opponent, it does a lot of damage.

One time I got to use it while the opponent was trying to get back from under the stage, unfortunately for him, volt tackle knock him straight down. :)

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
???
What buttons do what when you're using Pikachu's Volt Tackle?

ALFET

Smash Cadet
It's seriously out of control.

Like a fly landing on your control will send Pikachu flying wildly.

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
Am I wrong or does the normal volttackle without pressing A not that much damage or knockback? I alwayy thought, pressing B would be the button to make the attack stronger, since there were a few more lightnings then..but I don't think I tried A. I finally want to use this move to kill the opponent, not just scratch him x)

One X

Smash Rookie
I guess pressing A gives u more electricity momentarily, as stated earlier in this thread. Then you wait until you can do it again.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
Volt Taclke is just really chaotic. I've seen people do massive damage with in one match and this miss with it miserably in another.

flknpnch

Smash Cadet
am i a noob or what. i had no idea you had to press a. oy, i bow to all your superior pika skillz.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
The fact that this final smash is incredibly easy to sidestep takes away from it alot.

If you can find a way to slow it down so the length of time you move over a character is longer than a sidestep, that would be great.

Edit: If pressing the A button does do something, it may get around the sidestepping. I don't think my friends who used it against me tried anything like that. They were great at controlling it, though. They went right through me 2-3 times everytime they got it. Unfortunately, it just didn't do anything.

Darth Ace

Smash Rookie
It's pretty cool, you can kill those guys just outside of the ball's range with a surprise a press. I say to use it sparringly, as a surprise attack. But I've only had the game for about three days, so I'm no expert.

Top Bottom