• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I stop a teamate from restocking?

dankDadi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7920 2309 3314
I like to not use preferred matching. Yes, I find 1v1s more fun than other matches, but I start burning out after doing the same thing over and over again, so I like to mix it up.

2v2s are also pretty fun, there can be some great moments when you and your teamate juggle a guy between yourselfs or hit a smash attack at the same time. but every once in a while, you get people whose gsp is down at like 1.5 mil. A lot more than you think, some teamates just sd over and over. and its especially annoying when they take your stocks, even tho you know you can handle it. it would be nice if i could stop them from doing that, but I dont know how

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Yeah, as far as I know, there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent stock sharing. The mechanic was designed for in-person play, where you could just tell your teammate not to. That said, if you're at a high % with only one extra stock and are worried about a rando taking it and dying immediately, you could SD to reset your damage and not have a stock available to steal.

dankDadi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7920 2309 3314
Yeah, as far as I know, there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent stock sharing. The mechanic was designed for in-person play, where you could just tell your teammate not to. That said, if you're at a high % with only one extra stock and are worried about a rando taking it and dying immediately, you could SD to reset your damage and not have a stock available to steal.
Thanks man

Top Bottom