• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I replace Alt stages in PM 3.6 Beta.

SlinkierZero

Smash Rookie
Hello. This is my first post ever to try and figure something out because i usually give up if i cannot find it myself but i really want to know. How do I replace Alt stages in PM 3.6 Beta. I am very new to this brawl box and modding in general but i have really gotten into it and want to learn more. Customizing characters and making stage select icons is pretty sick.

As far as stages go I have learned how to simply replace the STG.pac file located in the stage folder with the stage file you want by renaming it to that stage. I have also learned certain stages require certain .Rel files in the module folder in order to have the rules the stage needs. Also sometimes replacing another Rel. file for that modded stage's new rules. Most modded stages come with the rel. file.
Because renaming the STG. pac file works for most maps you want to replace, I thought you could simply Rename the .Rel files the same way for the module folder but i was mistaken. I then learned that you can make a final destination base Rel. file for another stage such as Pirate Ship using this website. http://www.lakora.us/rel/ I have messed around with the Single Stages and now i am finally want to customize stages with an Alt stage.

So this is where the trouble begins.
So the stage i am messing with is Skyworld. I want to replace both the primary and Alt stage with these other 2 stages i downloaded. The primary stage I have is meant to be place over skyworld Pac. already so it works just fine. The Alt Stage i have requires a stage with the final destination base Rel. file to function. Now looking at stages in the Stage folder with Alts i have noticed it has an _Z to reveal it's second Alt stage.

Ex. STGBATTLEFIELD.pac
STGBATTLEFIELD_Z.pac
Then in the Module folder it also follows this pattern for the most part.
Ex. st_stadium.rel
st_stadium_Z.rel
Certain stages Do not however have a second rel. file while having and alt stage. Sky world is one of these stages.
So this is what i have tried.
1) Making a skyworld Rel " st_palutena.rel " with the final destination base and renaming it to " st_palutena_Z.rel ". Not Messing with the Primary stage Rel. file at all just adding another
The Result. Primary stage still worked but Alt stage froze at " Ready to Fight " screen.

2) Changing the Primary " st_palutena.rel " To final destination base "st_palutena.rel". No attempt to make a _ Z.rel file at all.
Surprisingly the primary stage still works but the Alt stage still freezes at "Ready to fight screen". This leads me to believe the the primary stage i have for skyworld does not need to rely on the skyworld Rel. file.

3) No changes to the Rel. Files at all for Skyworld. Just have the "STGPALUTENA.PAC" and "STGPALUTENA_Z.PAC" files with my custom stages for both.
NOTE* These PAC files are worded and place in the stage folder for all other attempts as well. Primary stage still works but the Alt Stage still freezes at "Ready to Fight"

4) Downloaded N Freak's Latest build and noticed his Skyworld Module contained a "st_palutena_Z.rel". His alt stage appeared to be a Battlefield Stage so i copied and pasted the Rel. file into my custom 3.6 Beta build.
Primary stage still work and Alt stage still froze at Ready to fight screen.

So i have place this FD alt stage i've been trying to play over final destination Pac. file to see if it is even works. It does function well and works so now i am just stuck.
I Want to believe that the stage switcher website could somehow convert a Final Destination base rel over a skyworld, but download it as an alt _Z.Rel file. It is to my knowledge that renaming .Rel files is just not good and always fails so i believe that is my problem but i have no idea.

The forums i found that have kinda helped talk about Hex editor and coding which i am not sure how to go about that or where to even start. I am not wanting to add a ton of Alts for a single stage. I just want to replace the alt stage already there.

This may be incredibly nooby to ask this but please Let me know what i am doing wrong and trying to making it understandable to a newbie.

Last edited:

SlinkierZero

Smash Rookie
Well that's a start, and you misspelled Manager by the way.
Are you talking about brawl box or stage Manager? I have both but i am unsure how to create the alt rel. still with them.
Could you clarify more than just 5 words?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
In order to set if a stage uses its own rel or not, you need to use the asl tool and modify the rels part of the code.

Top Bottom