• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I practice?

Matois

Smash Rookie
Seriously, I have no improvement with lvl 9 CPUs, they just jab me whenever I'm going in and I go on tilt and stop playing. I know the "FD, lvl 1 CPU, 99 stocks" thingy, and I do it a lot, but how can I actually get good?

Seriously, I have no improvement with lvl 9 CPUs, they just jab me whenever I'm going in and I go on tilt and stop playing. I know the "FD, lvl 1 CPU, 99 stocks" thingy, and I do it a lot, but how can I actually get good?
This is probably the most frequently posted topic here

Don't practice against level 9s. They'll really only teach you how to counter their patterns more than anything else. Levels 1-3 are the best since they won't make you form habits as severely. I guess you can practice combos and techniques

Find people in your area and go to fests and tournaments http://smashboards.com/threads/facebook-groups-links.325058/

If you can play Smash 4 online, play it. You'll learn the more abstract skills like playing the neutral game, finding patterns in your opponent's actions, and changing up your own strategies to prevent yourself from getting read. I strongly recommend a using a wired connection if you're going to do this

Top Bottom