• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I play well on FD?

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
I always seem to play like garbage on FD since I don't have platforms to run around on or tech on, and that also makes it very difficult to land. I find myself camping the ledge more often than I normally would. Any tips for playing Sheik on FD? Matchup-specific or otherwise. I just generally suck on this stage and I need all the help I can get.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i personally think its good for sheik in every matchup except falco and ice climbers. you have to maximize your punish game. because u lose the ability to get away from combos. run up and wd back is good. walking forward is extremely powerful. im not super good. im pretty decent. but i do think its very difficult to play on before you have found your rhythm.

here is a match i played vs fox on fd that was pretty good imo. maybe you can take some stuff from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvIKeyFbXC8#t=7m30s

i also think the single most important advice for playing sheik in any matchup. Is always give yourself space to move backwards. sheik really needs space behind her.

Last edited:

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
I actually prefer to play on FD. I find it's easier to trap people in combos out of down throw and tech chasing since there aren't platforms to catch them on.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
While Sheik is bad at coming down, this is kind of a trait for most characters in the game, to varying degrees. If you can stay grounded and reactively punish people for taking to the air, the stage becomes less bad.

Try maximizing Smash DI to escape punishes earlier. Mastering shac fair to beat out approaches will help a lot until people get better at approaching while avoiding the hitbox's range. It's great when they run in or jump in, usually, but not as much when they put more effort into spacing things.

Try using a lot of shield and wd OoS, but to force yourself not to give up too much position, try beating out approaching hitboxes (e.g. dsmash can be used vs low grounded approaches and various short hops).

Conrad.

Smash Rookie
Personally I like to out-space my opponent with bairs, and when he gets frustrated and tries to run in and get something started, I go for grabs. Especially difficult vs. Marth because of his range and Falcon because he rarely attacks while grounded.
It really depends on the matchup, but bair seems like the optimal answer 80% of the time

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
Im not very good. But here's what I think:
Be as annoying as possible.
Sheik has all the tools to camp out people on FD and when they approach a grab is a stock and so it becomes annoying as hell to play against.

Top Bottom