• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I load GC ISOs from a USB to a hacked Wii that uses and SD card?

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
My brother hacked my Wii and got 20XX with an SD card. He got Dios Mios and USB Loader on the Homebrew Channel. I have a 4GB USB and since there is more space on it i want to save games on it. My copy of 1080 Avalanche broke so I want to download an ISO and play it on my Wii. How do I play GC games from the USB using the programs on the SD card. Also how would this work with 64 game?

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I already have the homebrew channel installed so I can keep that right? Do I just have to delete everything on the sd card and start over?
You can keep the Homebrew channel. It should just be the SD card stuff you need to change.

Last edited:

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, just keep homebrew channel.
I did everything in that video and 20xx works, but 1080 Avalanche goes to the dios mios screen then goes to a black screen. When I installed it i extracted the download from emuparadise and there were a bunch of files and only one could be opened with winzip. I found the ISO in there. I renamed it to game.iso and ripped it with gcreex. Then I put that folder in the USB games folder, and it showed up in USB loader, but like I said I got a black screen after the dios mios screen. Is there another step I'm missing?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I did everything in that video and 20xx works, but 1080 Avalanche goes to the dios mios screen then goes to a black screen. When I installed it i extracted the download from emuparadise and there were a bunch of files and only one could be opened with winzip. I found the ISO in there. I renamed it to game.iso and ripped it with gcreex. Then I put that folder in the USB games folder, and it showed up in USB loader, but like I said I got a black screen after the dios mios screen. Is there another step I'm missing?
I forgot, but I'm pretty sure the description of the video says it.

LEGENDARY4259

Smash Rookie
omg i want to do the same thing as u but maybe just default melee but i dont have a disc and they expensive af so can someone help me to load isos from a usb? A link would help me out a lot!!

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
If you want to play gamecube games you can try nintendont you can only play gamecubes games they run full speed.
Theirs tutorial on youtube its super easy to do.

Last edited:

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
If you want play gamecube games you can try nintendont you can only play gamecubes they run full speed.
Does USB Loader GX work with N64 because I want SM64. The only games I would want are gamecube and N64.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
No USB loader GX only works with gamecube games and only wii games, You can try wii64 for nintendo 64 games and try nintendont for gamecube like i said.

Last edited:

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
No USB loader GX only works with gamecube games and only wii games, You can try wii64 for nintendo 64 games and try nintendont for gamecube like i said.
Will that fix my ISO problem though?

LEGENDARY4259

Smash Rookie
If you want play gamecube games you can try nintendont you can only play gamecubes they run full speed.
Thanks so much its easiest method to play gc games i can finally play melee!!!

tbird99

Smash Apprentice
I already installed USB Loader GX so I might as well stick to it

Top Bottom